Universal Mini Motor Racing (By The Binary Mill)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D3adly, Dec 7, 2011.

1. helriser

helriser Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    After playing it some more I can honestly say the multiplayer f....ing sucks bad. I boost at the other one player to hit them, somehow they are unaffected while my car comes to an abrupt stop. This has happened continually. On top of that, why the hell does it take so long for it to find ONE player all the time?

Frankly, I've been waiting to this update for so long and it's just so bad. And no, if it's this bad while many haven't updated, I don't see it get better when more people come online. At least I still have the campaign to enjoy!

2. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    I agree with you 100% the multiplayer is crap. I use boost at the start and it lags, and makes me hit a wall. While I hit the wall, my car gets stuck on the wall sideways and pauses automatically.

3. TheBinaryMill

TheBinaryMill Well-Known Member

#463 TheBinaryMill, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback! Please note that the update has barely just gone live which means not many random people are playing right now, which means that the auto-matchmaking system has no choice but to make a lot of 2 player games. We suggest you invite your friends if you want 4 player action for now :)

One person must be in control of the lobby (the host) and that is always the person with the fastest ping. As for the lag, while your connection might be great, you never know what kind of net your opponent is on!

This is just the beginning for our multiplayer so please bare with us while we continue to improve the service for you all.

4. TimEggers

TimEggers Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    Nice update...time to get back into this little gem. Thanks guys!

5. smj

smj Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    #465 smj, May 3, 2012
    Hi, I have found an issue with the game. I played this game a while back and have only recently started to use game center. The problem is, it shows I have 0 achievements, it doesn't give me the ones I should have earned previously. I cant get them either unless I delete the game and start over, I assume. Two examples, "finish first in any race", I get first again and it doesn't give me the achievement. I already have the fruit ninja buggy, so I cant get "juicy" either.

6. helriser

helriser Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    #466 helriser, May 3, 2012

I must say I absolutely disagree with the notion that one player must be in control. I always hate multiplayer games that force every one else to wait for mighty host to do his thing. So many times in red dead redemption I end up with idiots who do not want to ready-up and cause every one to just sit there and wait for them. Why couldnt it be a count down plus vote system where each player vote for game type, map, etc???

As far as lag is concerned, I'm inclined to not believing that everyone I've played with had terrible connection when the game picked them as the host in the first place. So that leaves my connection to question... But other multiplayer games like Air Supremacy, Real Racing 2 and death rally, just to name a few run with no lag for me. Anyway, I'm just frustrated that after the update, I'm still playing and enjoying campaign more than the online I was so excited for.

As I've stated before, ramming opponents online just slows down my car while they are unaffected, I'm sure you can understand why this is no fun since the hallmark of MMR is bashing/boosting/ramming your way to a victory.

But I will patiently wait and see if you fix it in future updates. I would encourage you to look at firemint's multiplayer model where no one is in charge and every one just have 45 seconds to vote for maps and such. Like this the game will start regardless if some idiots arent ready. Same thing goes for Death Rally!

Thanks

7. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    Thanks for the update, will be checking it out soon!

8. Nizen

Nizen Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Student
    What's the best car in the game?

I've been using Fruit Ninja for the longest and if has never let me down. (Well a few times), but still a great vehicle.

9. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Can this game be completed without the need for grinding or iAPs? This is a great game but it looks like they added even more iAPs with the recent update.

10. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Grinding is a must here. Good thing is you can progress pretty far while upgrading your vehicle. I hit a wall after 7th cup and had to grind previous races to get enough cash to upgrade my car enough to pass other cars.
    The devs definitely balanced this game in a way that requires real money to unlock everything or playing the game for a really long time. $30 000 to unlock a car - its crazy. Good thing is that the game is fun even with the cars you get from the beginning.

11. RayZZoo

RayZZoo Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Belgium
    Same for me. I just began the game, and the achievements don't work.

12. vordhosbn

vordhosbn Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Australia
    #472 vordhosbn, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
    What an awesome update! My thumb was raw after getting hooked on the original championship, so I'm stoked to see so much new content. 4 new tracks, a complete new championship, plus online multiplayer means I'm going to be kissing a few more hours goodbye.

The new tracks are good, especially Downtown, though probably not quite up with the best of the original tracks.

Online multiplayer isn't quite as fun or smooth an experience as it could be, but its early days, so more than happy to wait as it gets a bit of polish.

As for the discussion on IAP/grinding, I didn't spend a cent and had no problems winning races and completing the original campaign. Just pick one car and focus on upgrading it. As eugekava says though, IAP or many, many hours of grinding will be required if you want to unlock and upgrade all the vehicles (not that this is at all necessary).

Anyway, a big thanks to Binary Mill, for a great game and a massive update.

13. TheBinaryMill

TheBinaryMill Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you've been enjoying the new content :) We're already working on an update to address lots of feedback, such as a persistent lobby for online games. No news on when, but know that we're working on it!

- Ingmar

14. rustyjaw

rustyjaw Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2008
    I love this game, and I haven't paid any more than the initial download cost. I'm slightly annoyed by the scope of the IAP and how it's blatantly engineered to make progress much faster, but only slightly annoyed. The game is enjoyable enough that I see the value of the iap, but I'm content to play through without it.

15. JTBentley

JTBentley Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Technical Director @ The Binary Mill
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Mini Motor Racing Concept Art

Thought we'd share some more concept art, this time it's for one of the cars (rather than our previous track concept).

If anyone is interested I'm sure we can find some more to share :)

[​IMG]Formula Concept Art & Final in-game Model​

16. grinal

grinal Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Its a mini motor but it has very good speed. This game's platform looks similar to real racing...... Feels like playing real life racing...

17. JTBentley

JTBentley Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Technical Director @ The Binary Mill
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Yes, you certainly can finish the game without in-app purchasing. The key is to focus on one car... As to grinding, the later cups start paying out substantially more than the early ones, so you should focus on those.

We did add new in-apps, none of which are required to experience all the game content. The main difference is that we made them more visible, as a lot of users weren't even aware there was a store area at all.

18. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR

I can vouch for this... I had this game on my ipod for a while... and i got in about to 3/4th of the game without needing IAP... could have kept going but i kept winning easily so I got bored... and at the time there was no multiplayer so yeah...

this game should be better now tnx to MP

19. mattSydneyiii

mattSydneyiii New Member

Apr 10, 2012
  20. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Gave up playing on my ipod touch 4G. On iPhone 4GS it runs like a dream. I really enjoy this game now.