Star Command (Game Dev Story meets Star Trek)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by crex, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. florendas

florendas Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Can't wait with XCOM out this will be the mobile arm patch for my turn based combat addiction.

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Next monday they'll show 10 minutes of gameplay!

3. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Wow! You are definitely spoiling us. :D

4. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    #744 Abisco, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
  5. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
  6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Having Tears in my Eyes finally seeing the Game on an real iOS iDevice and now finally don`t have to make everyone believe that it`s not Vapor Ware.

7. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I knew it wasn't. They want a good ass game shipped not something broken. I don't care if its freemeium instabuy for me. I say though 3.99 would be a good price maybe 4.99

8. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Loads of neat little touches. Very cool. Love the story-rpg stuff - I like reading cool text/stories in-between my crew meeting horrific ends. :)

Thank you Warballoon - to infinity... :p

9. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Looks good but those green enemy refuges walking on the spot during the fighting looked stupid. They should be running off to cower somewhere.

10. podzilla

podzilla Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Day one purch!

11. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Was going to be a day 1 buy for me but after watching the long video, I've decided to skip it. Sadly :(

It looks more 'action' orientated than what I had in mind, shame.

12. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    #752 Estupendo1, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
    It was one of the biggest decisions, back in the thread you can read about it; they had TBS build and tested it, but what they went for was more RTS: A captain of a ship making split-instant, important decisions with seconds to go and explosions going off but keeping a cool head etc. :) The tb just grinded everything down (on mobile it probably makes sense to keep the pace steady also).

Also, it's part-RPG with level-up of your crew with +xp, as well as sim spaceship, so it's sorta hybrid of different things and trying to stick those altogether and keeping a good pace (time split up: battles, story, sim-rpg) can't be easy?

I guess it can't be everything to everyone, but I can't wait to see one of my crew sucked out of a hull breach and watch helplessly as he disappears into the black void, all in the space of a few measly seconds, while I'm patching up the ship, healing the walking wounded and fighting of some alien punk with a bad attitude.

What I'm most happy to see, is the time has been taken to polish the game really well so far. :)

Edit: Sobering tale of TBS game: Outwitters: Appleā€™s Favorite Strategy Game Is a Financial Disaster

I really like this game, but async. tbs on mobile has got to be somewhat inaccessible even if othere titles have pulled it off eg Hero Academy (which successfully versioned in China, notably). I think action on smart devices is a good move in all honesty otherwise I'm swamped with apps crowding a small screen: Which do I choose, which are easy to choose! :(

13. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Haha I love how they perfectly manage to admonish freemium games within this 'trailer'. I prefer traditional games. You know, where thousands of people pay for you to create a game, based on the popular design of another franchise. God, I just laugh at these new age dweebs who pay for games after they're created.

Any news on a Kickstarter project for the 'start' screen or the 'options' music?

14. florendas

florendas Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Looks cool! The Refuges should run around like the people who catch on fire did. But with out them being on fire.

15. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Please tell me this is coming this week. PLEASE!

16. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Doubt it

17. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    This is not the response I was hoping for. *plugs ears and chants*

18. Doctor U

Doctor U Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Actor/Coke Bear
    ATL
    Looks Great! Can't wait, and I've been following this for over a year.

19. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I know but at least it still exist and maybe might come who thin a month or 2 or maybe I'm wrong and its coming wensday night

20. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Talk to the devs and they said might be here in December but with ea and zynga and etc who knows.