Worms or star hogs. Which one is better?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by fluffyguitarist, Jul 19, 2009.

?

WORMS OR STAR HOGS?

1. Worms

32 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. Star Hogs

36 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. fluffyguitarist

fluffyguitarist Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I'm CEO, bitch.
    Stuck in Limbo
    Worms and Star Hogs are pretty similar games, and cost the same. Which one to you think is the best. If you say WORMS, explain, same goes for Star Hogs.

2. jt09

jt09 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    from what ive seen star hogs is better... I don't have either however, been waiting for the price to drop.

3. Wander

Wander Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Animator
    Los Angeles
    I've played Worms on PC and I have it for the DS, it's definitely an excellent game. I got Star Hogs when it came out and fell in love. It is pretty similar, but I love all the customization and the gravity twist to the trajectory gameplay. The online multiplayer is pretty dang good too, and it seems like more people are starting to play.

I didn't get Worms, but I might pick it up eventually. From what I've heard, some people find the controls to be a tad sloppy, and it doesn't have online multiplayer.

4. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Ive heard that Worms is a bad port, and I've only heard good of Star Hogs. Go search some reviews

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    star hogs definitely. hahah

6. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    i dont think any of those two are decent games. but i think star hogs is way better then worms. worms is trash. im just stating my opinion.

7. Ajg3

Ajg3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Lala Land
    Try star hogs lite it's almost a full game

8. MichaelMurtagh

MichaelMurtagh Active Member

Jun 29, 2009
    Star Hogs.

I Have Both And I Got Them On The Same Day Within The Same Hour. Worms Has Gotten About 15 Minutes Of Play Time, Star Hogs Has Gotten Around 3-4 Hours.

The Gravity And Energy In Star Hogs Plus The Customization Make It A Much Better Game. Add In Multiplayer And Great Controls And You Have An Awesome Game. The Only Real Complaint By Anybody Is The Rocks They Used For The levels Being Ugly But Other Than That It Has Great Graphics.

9. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Star Hogs, it's a really polished game where you can customize your ship, it's really awesome. I heard Worms was pretty bad, in terms of controls and gameplay. You can check out the STP reviews if you want to, or you can try something that 'Worms' doesn't have, a lite version.

10. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    #10 CaseyLay, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
    I'm not sure myself. I've tried Star Hogs Lite. And I still think I'd rather play worms. It looks a lot better, and I'd rather play as worms than space ships that travel at four miles an hour. Worms also doesn't have that energy bar crap, but I don't know if I can reach higher altitudes by jumping. How can you climb the mountains in Worms arenas?

I plan on buying one of them on the holidays.

11. Uhgii

Uhgii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Broadcasting/News
    New York
    I think Worms, as a series, is better than any other artillery game I've played. On the iPhone platform, however, Star Hogs is a clear winner at the moment. While I have faith that Worms will get fixed, and become full-featured in the future, it simply isn't yet, and Star Hogs is. It offers more, it runs flawlessly, and plays great. I may change my mind with future updates, but Worms is unplayable for many of us at the moment, and I'm a long-time fan and it was my most anticpated game ever for the iDevice thus far. Currently, I can only assume that most that picked up Worms bought it for the brand alone, and in hopes of future updates.

12. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    i think if you ask this after worms has been updated, you will get more a true idea. worms is a new release, its not going to be brilliant at first. it has an update coming soon to which team 17 have said there is online play and improved controls, so some of these comments will soon become obselete.

13. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    The problem is Worms has all the charm, and Star Hogs has all the polish/content. So neither are ideal, but right now I would go with the latter, because at least you play the damn thing!

14. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #14 ChaosProdigy, Jul 19, 2009
    Star Hogs all the way for now, and always depending on what the DEVS do

my answer would be get both and see for yourself, but i view Star Hogs as the 100lbs guerrilla sitting in the corner ready to pounce!

Star Hogs online is the best ive seen on iPhone to date.

Customization is greater.

Its a more ADULT game while worms is humorous

Controlls are near flawless

Campaign is long and challenging

DEVS are very active

Online activity on Star Hogs right now is super active 24/7 always matches ready to be had: i won 80 something matches and lost 20 something in only 5 days or so. (ChaosProdigy)

and im on all the time so fire up ur Lite version and come get some! Even the DEVS play!

Worms cant say ir do that yet, and Star Hogs will have online chat to boot!

Check out my Star Hogs posts at http://cloud.iugome.com/forums/

15. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    I have both worms and star hogs.

Worms is on my front page.
    Star Hogs was deleted after ~15 minutes.

Worms>Star Hogs

16. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #16 ChaosProdigy, Jul 19, 2009
    Question: in those 15 minutes how far did you get? How many wins? How many weapon unlocks and how many online battles? Some games arent some peoples playstyle is understandable, but 15minutes isnt enough to experience Star Hogs...

im just saying... How can you judge +\-5% of a game? Probablly in single player, or was it too hard?

PS. I erased all other games off my iPhone except Hero of Sparta and put Hogs on my homepage:
    there is just nothing id rather fire up here and there aside from a quick Online match on Star Hogs.

The real challenge is against HUMAN opponents: not some weak and non intelligent or imbalanced A.I.

Seriously...

17. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    But the question is asked now.
    You can't base a recommendation on what could be, what might be....
    To say it's a new release and excuse it from some of the issues many people have commented on is silly. It is what it is, today....
    Can it be changed and improved? Sure, but until it is, you base it on it's current version.

18. Uhgii

Uhgii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Broadcasting/News
    New York
    Absolutely. Agreed 100%.

Again, for everyone else, worms has potential, but this poll is for now. Due to this alone, it's Star Hogs hands down.

Keep in mind also that not everyone is having issues with Worms, particularly those on the 3GS, I believe. Many of us that are dealing with these issues have deemed the game essentially unplayable, or at least unenjoyable. Star Hogs is a great game, but to make it clearer, I'd rather boot up almost any other game on my iPhone than Worms right now. It's not worth the frustration of flimsy controls and choppy framerates to play a game with limited features, especially for their current asking price. It's not that the game is bad, it's that it simply wasn't ready for public release.

19. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    #19 CaseyLay, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
    I played the lite version of Star Hogs for about two hours. It just doesn't appeal to me that much. Human opponents sure can be a challenge, but 'multiplayer' and 'turn based' don't go together with me as well. I'm just not as good at those as I am at games like DinoSmash or an FPS/TPS.

I'm just glad that Team 17 is working on it as we speak, since I'm not really going to spend until Christmas (unless of course, NgMoco releases their FPS before then :D). It'll be fine by then, I believe.

20. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    worms fer me, not that star hogs is bad by any mean, plus its got multi player atm, so if thats yer thing then SH.

all issues relating to worms are being addressed and online multiplay will be added to that eventually.