iPhone Starfront Collision HD......where are you?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Squablo, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Squablo

Squablo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Does anyone have any idea when gameloft is going to release this? RTS on ipad seems like a no brainer to me. I'm just looking for some info. I really want this on my ipad.......today lol

2. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Two thoughts came to mind.

Gameloft are evil

They're just waiting til they've strained every last penny from iPhone gamers and possibly some iPad gamers who just couldn't wait

Gameloft aren't evil, they are smart

Perhaps they are holding off to see what this new iPad brings next week? If it has some slick new feature that Gameloft could quickly implement and then ride the wave of sales when the new iPad comes out, because it benefits from said, feature. It would also mean it isn't just an upscaled port, further enticing iPhone users with iPads to repurchase.

3. UncleLimey

UncleLimey Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008

Or, they just haven't finished making it yet

4. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010

Or that indeed.

5. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Well doesn't gameloft normally release the HD version a few weeks after the ipod touch release anyway? I think in part to cash in on the double dippers that buy both versions. I do find it ironic however because if I'm not mistaken this game was originally announced as an ipad game.

6. Samuraipeter

Samuraipeter Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
  7. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    Me too! Me too!

I also played this on the itouch and I want more. I am not going to buy it twice just to get the same gameplay with better grafix on the iPad. So I am waiting for the HD release as well.

:confused:

8. mateofalcone

mateofalcone Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Apple's Event

I think they're holding onto it until Apple's iPad 2 announcement. Maybe they'll be part of the presentation. My guess is that it will be available in the store on that day.

9. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    It damn better get out soon. Stopid gameloft.
    Announcing as a ipad game then release on iphones.

10. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    well they released another version for the Itouch WITHOUT the IAP.
    and yes.... thought it was going to be Ipad only in the beginning..

11. Hackrobby

Hackrobby New Member

Mar 4, 2011
    HAVE IT?:confused:

12. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Startfront...Where are you.....

13. Squablo

Squablo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Seriously..........gameloft........WTF is going on with Starfront HD? Are you holding this until the day of the ipad 2 release? I'm starting to get to the point where I'm considering not buying just to spite you.........

14. appfreak

appfreak Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Geek (Media editor)
    London
    I've heard on a podcast from an iOS gaming site that one of the editors played the iPad version before the game was even launched on the App Store. My guess is that they have the final build and are just trying to profit from hype and fine tune servers for multiplayer mode.

15. darrelldiaz

darrelldiaz Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Starfront Collision HD..

Maybe they're raising the pop cap and allowing you to cue up actions like SC2!! possibly even adding support for Bluetooth keyboards for hardcore RTSers!

16. jmelrose

jmelrose Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Teach
    Central FL
    I'm guessing they are waiting to have iPad2 units to test it on so they can be one of the first to release it with lots of bells n whistles (graphically) to show off the new hardware and make a big splash as one of the first iPad2-optimized games.

17. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Well considering that every time a new apple device is released a lot of games get sales... I would imagine that the hd titles for gameloft will be getting lowered for the ipad 2 release. With that in mind, I could see them waiting till the release to put it out so that they can capitalize on the new users.

18. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Kinda lost interest in this one.. Am I fan for their games, but this is taking way too long... why waiting for Ipad 2, why not wait for pocket Ipad 3 in Oct this year..

19. rozetta

rozetta Active Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Anti Virus research
    Helsinki
    The correct answer is, of course, Gameloft are Evil. Their business practises indicate this. They have separate HD versions. They release HD versions later. The HD versions cost more.

Look at how many companies provide decent games that are universal (Battleheart, Bug Heroes, Infinity Blade, etc.)

I'm boycotting all companies that make separate HD versions. Gameloft's practises are one or two steps more evil than even that. There are enough good games streaming onto the app store to keep me occupied as it is. I can easily skip their games until they change their practises.

20. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Here's how it seems to work:

Game team works on iPhone version. Releases.

Game team ports to iPad.

If so, then in this case, I'm sure they are re-designing the interface for a larger screen. It really only makes sense.