Star Command (Game Dev Story meets Star Trek)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by crex, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcoombs

jpcoombs Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    When is the game coming out?

To defend ourselves on the never ending story - no one wants the game out more than we do, you can believe that. But the game is gonna be done and good first.

This game isnt Fruit Ninja - it takes a bit to balance all the crap we have in there. Lot's of bad guys, lots of crew members, lots of rooms, lots of missions - it adds up. Rest assured, this is ALL we do. So believe me, when we release it no one will be happier than us.

STAY STRONG CADETS! IT'S COMING, WE PROMISE!

2. Doctor U

Doctor U Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Actor/Coke Bear
    ATL
    Make it so.

3. Doctor U

Doctor U Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Actor/Coke Bear
    ATL
    Monday, Monday, what do you say? Star Command might be released Monday?

4. spockgold007

spockgold007 Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2011
    death star
    Not happening

5. wuzmaname

wuzmaname Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    I've given up. It will come out when it comes out.

Also, the higher the expectations... (but I'm not saying that to pressure the devs, whom I am sure are working really hard to deliver a good game...) the bigger the fallout cause you just cant make everyone happy.

6. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    I think it's looking like a neat game atm, we'll see some new footage this Monday is what I think they've said?

Tbh I honestly do not worry if it takes a while and a bit longer to come out, 3 devs working on a project/idea they really believe in, is going to take time, that's what gamedev is all about in my book: People passionate about something they work on that they'd love to play, so they make it :). I like companies/devs like this, so willing to cut them some slack even if they have some hiccups on the road to release. Be good if they did some sort of game lore wiki for the game nearer release too. :cool:

There's plenty of good games to keep happy with eg Outwitters is free and fun TBS game just out and that RAD game can't be far off either.

7. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Interesting. My expectations are low, so I guess I have more upside.

8. spockgold007

spockgold007 Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2011
    death star
    It's planned on being out by end of summer (said in the 2nd part of interview)

9. justincoombs21

justincoombs21 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    DESIGNER
    NYC
    FAQs in case you guys are interested

Assuming you guys have been reading about us pre-dating the second kickstarter - some people are immediately taken aback at the idea of a SECOND kickstarter.

Well first off - the #1 goal here is to keep Star Command independent - we need another developer and artist to help - and we only see Kickstarer as a way to do this.

We DO NOT want to sign with a publisher.

Furthermore - please understand the PC/MAC version will be an IMPROVED version of the mobile game. Whatever bugs/fixes we do to mobile will be there- but bigger than that we are hoping to add more aliens, more planets, more ships, more weird missions etc - more gaming goodness.

And finally - even after this if you are still skeptical - don't worry - the mobile is coming out regardless of this kickstarter - and please just be patient - and trust us - we are trying to make the best game we can - and having 100k (its 60k after prizes and kickstarter/amazon's share) will get us a dope PC version of the game.

Regardless - you guys are badass - especially the people who challenge our thinking - Werd.

10. MattGG

MattGG New Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Web Designer
    Texas
    The Tease!!

This is a game that I have been waiting for and after checking this forum I get the tease of release soon!!!! I know the devs will release it when its ready but man the wait is killing me...do you guys agree?

11. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I'm a bit worried that the PC version will be vastly superior to ios. I know there is limited options on the iPhone but, but.... I want lots of planets and things!
    Will they be added later?

12. justincoombs21

Apr 18, 2011
    DESIGNER
    NYC
    Sorry for the confusion -

The PC funding will help us add planets, etc - but it will be for BOTH systems - as we are trying to have cloud-based saves so you can play your ship on both devices.

13. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    #674 devensega, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
    So essentially the full game will be on PC and the iOS version will be a sort of cut down version. Maybe a companion game to the "proper" game on PC?

This is a disappointment. Perhaps you could be candid with us as to what will be missing from the iPhone game.....

14. justincoombs21

Apr 18, 2011
    DESIGNER
    NYC
    No the opposite- since they share save-games we HAVE to maintain features across.

But the iPhone game will not launch with all of the features planned for the PC version - it will gain them as we go along, eventually being 1:1 with the PC in most respects on launch day (the UI, and some additional PC-only features will be unique)

15. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Yes, please cancel the PC game just so that you can give us exactly the same iOS game but we won't have to listen to complaints about how it's "incomplete". After all, with nothing to compare it to it will then be perfect.

16. wuzmaname

wuzmaname Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    I get the feeling it will not be a case of an incomplete game. It will be more of a polished port than a new version, if that makes sense. In terms of how they want to progress (to my understanding), it will be:

1. release ios/ android
    2. dlc plus extras for ios/ android // whilst developing PC/mac
    3. PC/mac release with all that have already been created with ios/ android + dlc
    all the while making sure that the games can be played across platforms (somehow).

My only reservation with this is by the time the PC/mac comes out we would have played the ios/ android to death...

Irrespective, I joined the bandwagon and backed the pc/ mac project. :)

17. Edosh

Edosh Member

Jul 10, 2012
    #678 Edosh, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
    I red both parts of Q&A and must say I'm quite happy with game features. Don't mind that PC version will be bigger, deeper, richer etc than mobile version. I think, more of that, I'm sure that iOS/Android versions will be time quite time consuming with lots of stuff to do. As big fan of Star Trek, where Star Trek - Infinite Space (web browser game) probably died, this is my only hope for a good ST-universum-like game. Fingers crossed, and all the best guys.

PS. I do apologize for any English grammar errors while I am not this language native speaker.

18. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    The Same!

Wow, no matter how many times it's explained, it doesn't seem understood. It sounds like BOTH iOS/Android and PC/MAC verions will all be almost exactly the same, allowing for cross-play thanks to could saves. That sounds awesome!

I may have to venture over to their kickstarter page and also add Star Trek and Red Dwarf to my Netflix queue.

19. Edosh

Edosh Member

Jul 10, 2012
    If you'd read Q&A with one of the game devs you would know that PC version will be bigger, with more missions, some exclusive stuff and so on. Read first, then put some comment.