Still Untitled Turn-based RPG/Virtual Pet/Crafting Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by smugbit, Apr 18, 2013.

1. smugbit

smugbit Member

Feb 29, 2012
    #1 smugbit, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
    After almost a year of working on this in my free time, I'm finally ready to start showing it off. The game still does not have an official title, but I've just been calling it Super Happy Fun Pet Time Extravaganza. I'll say it's roughly 60-70% complete, and I will be needing beta testers in the coming month, so let me know if you're interested.

The Story
    After a series of unfortunate events, you find yourself responsible for one of three creatures - given to you by a mysterious old man. Where they are from and what they need to do is slowly unveiled as your pet grows.

The Game
    The game has 3 primary aspects - the pet sim, the world exploration, and crafting.

Each pet starts off with a unique set of attributes - but how you raise them, train them, and level them up will affect how they act, how they grow, and how they fight.

I will go into more detail as the game progresses, and feel free to follow me on Twitter for the latest, but for now here are some screenshots to get a feel for the art style and to see the three creatures in action...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You gotta remove the stuff after the file extension to get the images to show :)

3. smugbit

smugbit Member

Feb 29, 2012
    I'm better at coding than linking images, I promise. Hopefully fixed it.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Hm. Maybe you can't hotlink from Google Groups... curious. Imgur is quick and easy if you need somewhere, visible to the public though.

5. smugbit

smugbit Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Just attached them to the post - I'll let Toucharcade host. Oh well, thanks for the heads up.

6. smugbit

smugbit Member

Feb 29, 2012
    #6 smugbit, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
    Attached some updated screenshots from the game.

First is one of the 3 main characters in their infant state. As you level them up, they will evolve into their adult forms.

[​IMG]

The second is the mysterious old man I mentioned previously. You meet him under interesting circumstances and he manages to intertwine himself into you and your new pet's life.

[​IMG]

And the last one is a pretty unhappy pet. This is after punishing it for whatever reason - you have the ability to praise or punish your pet as you see fit - with your actions having lasting effects on your pet's personality.

[​IMG]

I'm currently still in the process of adding cutscenes, some story components, and tutorials.

7. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Really like the art style, hope the animations are the same quality.