Real Racing 3 - By Firemonkeys - Coming Feb 2013

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    All you have to do is look at the top grossing games. They are free-to-play. That's what's making the most money. Enough people are paying for IAPs to make it work, and work well.

2. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    This game became the more realistic race sim, ever exist on earth. Now you have to pay for every scratch and broken light like your real life car... And of course you have to wait for the repairs like when you re going your real car for service and waiting to take it. The concept is brilliant........... just not for a game... :mad:

3. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I'm guessing you haven't seen Blitz Brigade yet?

4. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Agreed. But. There is two ways to go IAP: The RIGHT way and The Wrong way. We'll just have to wait and see i guess.

5. MadFingerGames

MadFingerGames Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    Hey, I dont want to defend EA (or FireMonkeys), but I dont understand this hate.

First pros :
    • You get game for free, fully playable and it sounds without paywall !
    • You will get a lot of new updates, because this is nature of F2P games (i think that they added only few new events in first update of RR2, then only minor improvements)
    • You can try it first and then buy some iAP if you want to support them (instead of spending 10USD on it and be upset,because something)
    • You will get a lot of players to compete with them !
    • You can pay what you want.

cons :
    • You will have to wait only if ALL your cars are damaged (is it really so bad ?, I think its really cool gameplay mechanic)
    • You will have to wait for some upgrades ? Is it really big issues ?
    • You cannot hack iAP, its not as easy as of steal premium games (but this is not cons, right ? I think that everybody of you is buying games instead of stealing )

I'm really looking forward to try RR3 and see how they implement it, how beautiful is their game and how fun is it.. I hope that they will have success with RR3 and I'll have a lot of fun with this game too !

IMHO EA Mobile (and their studios) is one of the best developers/publishers in mobile space with great business strategy and great games and of course marketing. Their games are really polished, fun and probably most expensive to develop. They have my respect and believe me or not, I never met somebody from EA or FireMonkeys. Im just surprised by your overreaction...

Best

Marek R.

6. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I don't wanna wait or spend real cash to speed up the wait screw that. F2P needs to end and bring back premeium

7. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    I'm sure this game will be like sex, beautiful to look at and wonderful to play with BUT what we want to know for sure is how the iAPs will work

8. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Exactly. Look at gamevil and gameloft with iap its pathetic

9. MadFingerGames

MadFingerGames Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    yup.. but I dont believe that it will be like Clash of Clans ;)

10. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Didn't a mad finger game get hacked?

11. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #1151 sicksilvo, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I don't think he meant iap couldn't be hacked just that it isn't as easy as cracking an app.
    He does say that it isn't as easy as stealing an app.
    Slight translation error as English is not Mareks first language.

@ marek. Thanks for giving us a developers point of view. Appreciate it.

13. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    People now comparing Temple Run to RR3 LOL! Temple Run is a piss easy game, it's does all the running for you, all you got to do is -
    swipe up to jump,
    swipe down to slide,
    swipe left or right to turn
    and collect coins. How hard is that?! iAPs are there has a choice. BUT RR3 looks like you won't have a choice. Pay the damn iAP or wait 48 hours to fix your head lights.

14. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Also no paywall? Um waiting for cars to finish getting fixed making you buy your way to get it done quicker is a paywall

15. Dan't Ponic

Dan't Ponic Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Antarctica
  16. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    This is crazy. Designed so you have to wait or pay for repairs, the first track is 2 cars wide, lined with concrete barriers and hard turns, crammed with 22 cars! Good luck. I still can't wait to play and thanks for posting these videos.

17. sicksilvo

Jul 4, 2012
    "Real Racing 3 was designed from the ground up to be a free to play experience" - i said it doesn't sound good

Anyway F2P = free to download, pay to play like it was intended
    Take it as a demo or lite version, if you like it buy some IAP's to support devs or don't
    For guys who say "i'll boycott EA" well if you don't buy any of IAP's they will not make any money, so download the game, enjoy as much as you can ;)

18. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    That's what so depressing about this news. I absolutely refuse to spend money on freemium items. I would rather delete a game than spend one cent on consumable IAPs (I am not against all IAPs. I have no problem with games that are free on the app store but there is a charge to unlock the full game, like a demo, or IAPs that unlock new content for a game, like DLCs). It used to be freemium was directly related to a specific type of time-management game, and that was fine because I wouldn't touch those with a ten-foot pole anyway. But now the business model is infecting game genres and games I am actually excited about, and it disturbs me. It worries me that more and more games, that could have been developed normally will now be developed with the freemium business model in mind. I like playing games on my iPad, and the idea that soon there may not be many games I will want to play because of this non-sense saddens me.

So let me be clear, I may end up downloading RR3. But I absolutely refuse to spend one cent of my money on consumable IAPs.

19. sicksilvo

Jul 4, 2012
    #1159 sicksilvo, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  20. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    I love the graphics, and gameplay seems awesome! :)

But I wondered there isn't one shot of the interior...that worries me a bit? Will it look bad compared to the exterior view?