What's the most infuriating thing that has ever happened involving as iOS game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dogface, Dec 7, 2011.

1. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

I remember losing all my progress on Angry Birds when I was bought a new iPod after I had achieved 3 stars on every level.

Also glitches making me die on endless runners like Robot Unicorn Attack.

And finally,swearing blind I parried perfectly against the God King on Infinity Blade to only find out I was then defeated.

Aaarrrggghhh!!!

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I especially hate it when developers throw iAds in paid (or previously paid) apps. :mad:

3. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Without question, losing all my progress in Infinity Blade 2 due to a save bug. A close second to that is having Chair COMPLETELY ignore me when I addressed the concerns via Twitter. They even said, "Sorry about ignoring you, what's up?" And then when I mention the concern, IGNORE AGAIN.

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    +1

And, sadly, more devs have been doing this.

I also hate when a previously paid app goes freemium -- when early supporters paid for an app and then still pay the same to unlock something that those now getting the main app free are getting. Feels like the devs are making their fans pay twice if this isn't done right (compared to once for the late comers).

5. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Completely agree but it's only a matter of time until a lawsuit comes about because of it. It may be legal to pull stunts like that in America but a lot of other places are protected against bait and switch practises.

Sooner it starts costing the devs money the better in my opinion it's a practise that needs shut down.

6. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Do you want them to fix the problem, or sit around and answer every email, twitter, etc. from people reporting the same problem(s) over and over? Not trying to sound rude, but given the scope of the reported problems, I'm sure their hands are very full at the moment. :)

7. 12yam

12yam Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Toronto
    Being ripped off with COD Black Ops Zombies (performance is terrible, contrary to the app description), and having IB2 crash when I first opened it. It felt like 15 bucks flushed down the drain.

Oh...and once I was fighting the God King in IB1, got to the cutscene where my character kills him, and then suddenly had the game switch cutscenes to the one where the God King kill me because the bastard had poisoned me in our fight, and the poisoning effects kept decreasing my health even after I'd finished him off.

8. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I BOUGHT A FREAKIN' $1.99 APP AND IT DROPPED IN PRICE to $.99 A MONTH LATER!!!!1!11!!

Lol. But I'm sure it was when I lost my save data for a game. I think it was Peggle and I was really close to being a master.

9. Quazonk

Mar 30, 2011
    Well, you do sound rude. Nobody from Chair seems to be addressing this issue, or even mentioning it. I want a fix, and I wanna know when it's coming. I'm a customer, I have concerns, and I want a goddamn answer. Do you have a problem with that?

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    He didn't sound half as rude as you did. In fact I'd even go as far as to say impatient, unreasonable, selfish and disrespectful. It's obvious they're working on the issues, with a game this popular they'll likely have been told many, many times already. The last thing anybodywants them to do is waste time on Twitter when they could be staring at lines of code, working their hardest to make you happy.

11. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #11 backtothis, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
    You don't see them mentioning it? TA alone has reproduced Chair's announcements that they're working out the problems in IB2 THREE TIMES on the frontpage within one freaking week. Their first update lets me play bug-free/crash-free on the 4th gen. iPod. Their next update will address the save bugs on all devices and performance on the iPad 1.

12. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    #12 mikeg123, Dec 8, 2011
    Well, I wasn't trying to be rude. Just pointing out the fact that they probably don't have time to answer every single request that comes in. Especially when most of the requests are the same (I would imagine). If 100 people email them about the save game bug, do you really expect them to have time to respond to all 100 people? Don't take it personally. MidianGTX summed things up nicely.

And backtothis pointed out that they are in fact addressing the issues.

13. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Yeah, loving save data is probably the most annoying thing for me.

14. Quazonk

Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, I respond rudely when someone responds with a beef over a completely legitimate concern of mine. You can call it whatever you want, disrespectful, unreasonable, and whatever else you listed. The fact of the matter is that Chair ARE spending time on Twitter, re-tweeting the shit out of any positive feedback/praise they get for the game, while simultaneously ignoring any real concerns from the people who pay them. How am I to know that these concerns are at the forefront of their attention if I don't bring it to their attention? For such a serious concern they sure do a great job of ignoring the elephant in the room. What am I supposed to do, just assume they're aware of it, while having my hours and hours of playtime just wiped again and again, or do I speak up? I asked them time and time again, was the save bug addressed in the first patch? I don't think I'm asking too much to get a "yes, it's in there" or "not yet, it's coming". 4 seconds out of their day to save hours and hours of time for me. Did you see the description of the first patch? Nothing mentioned about a save bug whatsoever. So I ask a simple question, find it frustrating when I'm ignored, come here to tell you guys about it, and of course I catch shit for even mentioning it to them in the first place. They have time to address it, and they just aren't. Yeah, I'm real selfish for wanting why I paid for to work properly without wasting loads of my time for nothing. What a dick I am. Get real.

15. Quazonk

Mar 30, 2011
    TA reported fixes are coming for the crash bugs, but this save bug has gone largely ignored. A lot of wasted play time can go into "one freaking week". All I wanted was an answer. A 3 or 4 word answer. It's not asking too much. I know everyone here SPRINGS to the defense of devs over any issue whether they are right or wrong, but you clearly have not gone through the same frustrations I have, because we discussed it over PM. Why am I on the defensive here? I'm not in the wrong, at all.

16. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #16 backtothis, Dec 8, 2011
    December 2, 2011

As a lot of you are already aware, Infinity Blade 2 [$6.99] has some crash issues on iPad and iPod Touch. Thankfully, Chair Entertainment and Epic Games have already identified the culprit and are speedily working on a fix to address the problem. "For some users, IB2 seems to be running out of memory on heavily-laden iPad and iPod Touch devices," Epic's Mark Rein wrote on the publisher's message board. "We're working on a quick fix and will submit an update to the store as soon as possible," he continued later.

----------

December 5, 2011

"That Infinity Blade 2 [$6.99] fix? It's out. Earlier last week, droves of users with fourth gen iPod Touches and first generation iPads were reporting nasty crash issues with Epic and Chair's stellar follow-up. Epic was quick to say, "Hey, we're going to fix this thing" and it appears as though the duo has with version 1.01., if reports from our message board are a good indication.

Unfortunately, there's still some rare bugs out there that this update hasn't squashed. Some of our readers are still having problems with frame rate and game transitions in a post-patch environment, while others are still reporting a dreadful-sounding save file glitch that consistently resets progress when the game is restarted. We're all pretty confident that, again, Epic and Chair are really interested in hammering out an update for these things in short order, but we're checking in to make sure."

----------

If you spend time on TA, I'm sure you have a few seconds every week to skim the frontpage. No, I clearly haven't gone through the same problems because this is an issue only a very small minority of all buyers has experienced.

17. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Dude, seriously, I have no BEEF with you. You're free to feel however you want. That's your right, and you are entitled to it. I was only trying to point out the fact that they might be busily plugging away on bug fixes that they don't have time to respond to everyone. If you want to take it personal, so be it.

18. Quazonk

Mar 30, 2011
    No I don't expect them to answer all 100 requests individually, but when I have not seen a fix addressed anywhere, I cannot assume it has been asked 100 times, so I ask once. I they answer it to the masses or to me individually, I dont care. I just want ONE answer. If I saw "save bug fix coming" from Chair, I'd be satisfied. If its posted here on TA somewhere, please, link it so I can see it with my own eyes. Thats all I ask. Sorry to be an ass, just seems people would come to the defense of devs over any issue. It's like when you were a kid and would get into a fight with your mom and your dad walks into the room without knowing whats going on and automatically takes your moms side. You just CAN'T be right against the almighty devs. Flame-suit on!

19. Quazonk

Mar 30, 2011
    This says absolutely nothing about Chair acknowledging that issue, just a "we're sure". Excuse me for wanting it from the horses mouth.

20. Quazonk

Mar 30, 2011
    Wrong.