2D/3D Asset Artist, Concept Artist, and Matte Painter - Looking For Work

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by ArtisticSliz, Oct 4, 2011.

1. ArtisticSliz

ArtisticSliz Member

Oct 4, 2011
    #1 ArtisticSliz, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
    For people looking for unpaid freelance work, I'm sorry, but I'm not your man. Good luck out there!

Hey, guys! I'm a graduate of Savannah College of Art and Design's game design BFA program, specializing in digital painting and character design. I can handle anything from 2D asset creation to basic animation; matte painting to professional-quality 3D character modeling/rigging. I also create elegant, professional UI elements, for a variety of platforms. I know how to work with technical limitations and within aesthetic guidelines, and I am looking for more work in the indie and mobile games market.

Please take a look at my portfolio blog, if you're looking to hire an artist:
    http://artisticsliz.wordpress.com/
    And drop me a line at:
    [email protected]

If you don't see something of a style that you're looking for, don't worry. I'm extremely versatile, and can work with you to achieve whatever look you're going for. I even have experience creating aesthetic bibles, my most recent work at an indie studio called New Zone Games in Savannah, GA, though unfortunately, my NDA is still preventing me from showing any of that work.

As for my technical skills, the software I'm proficient in are these:
    • Autodesk Maya
    • Adobe CS5 - Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, etc.
    • Pixologic ZBrush 4.0
    • Unreal Editor 3

And those things I'm familiar enough with to work with/around them:
    • Unity Engine
    • 3D Studio Max
    • Corel Painter
    • C++
    • ActionScript 2, 3

I'm an avid artist and am really looking forward to bringing your projects to their full potential. This system doesn't tend to tell me when I get a message, so try me at the address above, if you're interested in my services. Can't wait to hear from you!

2. Manta Research

Manta Research Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Wow, you're very talented. Do you do any examples of low-poly work suitable for games?

3. ArtisticSliz

ArtisticSliz Member

Oct 4, 2011
    #3 ArtisticSliz, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
    Thanks, man! And, absolutely. Stick around. I'll be posting some work, probably by around Saturday, of a low-poly flying creature and a soldier it's fighting. I also do vehicles, environment pieces, and pretty much anything else. Do you have a project it would be applicable to? Email me at the address in the first post, if you'd like to discuss specifics.

4. ArtisticSliz

ArtisticSliz Member

Oct 4, 2011
    It was a busy weekend, getting stuff done for various projects I'm working on. I'm now looking for more work, so if anyone has projects that need kick-ass art done for them, in a timely manner, then hit me up (preferably by email.)

As for the low-poly work I mentioned, I got set back a day or two by paid work, but it's soon to come. Keep checking back.

5. ArtisticSliz

ArtisticSliz Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Bumpin' for justice!

6. ArtisticSliz

ArtisticSliz Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Bump! FOR JUSTICE! (And paid work. lol)

I've got about 20-30 more hours a month I would like to fill with work right now, so if anyone needs a skilled artist, who guarantees his work, and reports his income to the IRS correctly (because I'm not an amateur), meaning YOU can write it off of yours as a business expense (because hopefully you're no amateur either, lol), I'm here for you. Updates from my currents projects coming to my blog in the coming weeks.

Thanks a lot guys! :D

7. ArtisticSliz

ArtisticSliz Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Hey, guys. Wrapping down the end of my work on Pocket Pond 2, and I'm looking for work again, so if anyone I had to deny is still (or new people are) looking for an artist, I'll be available, starting next week. If you need someone to rock your game's aesthetic out, you've got the right guy! :D

8. ArtisticSliz

ArtisticSliz Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Available, once again. Anybody looking for a professional to take their game to the next level, let me know.

9. ArtisticSliz

ArtisticSliz Member

Oct 4, 2011
  10. johniphone

johniphone Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Highly Recommended

I worked with Jordan recently on an iOS project and I can't recommend him enough. He was professional, prompt, and reasonably priced. His work was outstanding. There's a lot of back-and-forth in making games 'just right', and Jordan really understood that. He took the time to make any and all adjustments we talked about. Do yourself a favor and hire a professional like him.

11. ArtisticSliz

ArtisticSliz Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Thanks, John! I really loved working with you. Your project is going places, and I'm glad I could help. :D

12. ArtisticSliz

ArtisticSliz Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Bump.

Have another window open, if anyone has need of a professional artist to make their project stand out. Hope to hear from you guys, soon!

13. Devster3

Devster3 Active Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I just recently finished a project working with Sliz. I would like to say he is very professional and completed all work ahead of schedule. I had no problems with anything we agreed upon. I highly recommend him not only for the quality of art he supplies but for how reliable and efficient he is. The artwork he supplied was incredible and he allowed me to go back forth to perfect each minor tweak for me. I honestly can't say enough about him.

Feel free to message me if you would like any more details about his style or work ethic.

I had no problems at all and everything is beautiful. I will update you all when we release our first game.

Thanks again SLiz,
    Dev

14. ArtisticSliz

ArtisticSliz Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Thanks, Devin! I appreciate the review. I'm looking forward to working with you again in the future.

15. ArtisticSliz

ArtisticSliz Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Bump. Finishing up another project for a great new developer in Brazil. I'm available for new projects. Hit me up, if you want your game to shine! :D

16. ArtisticSliz

ArtisticSliz Member

Oct 4, 2011
  17. BeatScribe

BeatScribe Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    Wow, lots of variety in your profile. I like the little cat with big ears :D

18. ArtisticSliz

ArtisticSliz Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Thanks, BeatScribe! I do my best. :D

Also, hey, you guys! One of the games I've worked on was just published yesterday. Go ahead and check it out. I did all of the UI elements, and some of the plants used in the backgrounds. Support our fellow developers, and let me know if you need someone to make your game beautiful! :D

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocket-pond-2/id498375421?mt=8

19. ArtisticSliz

ArtisticSliz Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Hey, everyone. Looking for new projects to bring to life! Let me know if you need my services. :D

20. worldalpha

worldalpha Active Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Any chance of seeing previous work, including more recent stuff?