Thank you!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Anders, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Co-owner and CTO at Color Monkey
    Sweden
    #1 Anders, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
    [​IMG]
    (wow, that's one big picture)​

I was reminded a couple of days ago when our games were nominated in this that it's been almost a year now that the App Store has been open.

One year. Time really flies when you are having fun.

We wouldn't have been able to stay alive as this long if it hadn't been for you guys, i.e. the fans, the critics and the competitors (more on this later). I hope we can continue to innovate and to entertain you for many years to come. We love games, we love coding, and we sure do love to polish. We are just four friends doing what we love and we hope it shows.

That also means we've been in business almost a year now, and I thought I'd just say thank you to all of you here at Touch Arcade that you let me have my dream job. I honestly can't come up with other jobs that are better (ok ok, it would be cool to be a rock star, I'll admit that).

I also want to say thank you to all the other indie devs. Everyone are just so nice and friendly! I had the pleasure to meet many at WWDC this year, some at other conventions, some I've spoken to on the phone, and many of you have I've emailed with. Even though we are competitors, we are all friends.

Also thanks for the many games I play and enjoy on a daily basis. Some of my personal favorites are geoDefense, Zen Bound, Drop7, Airport Mania, Azkend, Defender Chronicles, DrawRace, Real Racing, Pinball Dreams, Strategery and many many others, there are just too many to list here.

Last, but not least, I want to thank TA for this great site and the wonderful forum. You have a nice mix of big and small games, and you managed to get a lot of devs to the forum, too!

I hope we'll be around next year!

Anyway...

... all of the Illusion Labs games are nominated:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

If you like our games, we'd appreciate your support!​

With that said, there are many many great games abundant on that list. Please support the other indies that are nominated, I'm sure they'd appreciate the vote too.

On another note, what do you expect or hope to see in the next 12 months?

All the best,
    Anders

(and Andreas, Marcus and Carl too. They are all on vacation and it's just me in the office, which in practice means I can listen to my fav radio station and make the coffee the way I like it, and also work without pants!!)

2. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    #2 upsidedown, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
    Good luck! And Thank YOU for the awesome games.

3. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    A new game from you. :)

4. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Maybe two or three.

I just voted and a majority of times I voted for you, but did vote ngmoco:] once or twice over you. I am surprised sway wasn't there for innovative controls!

5. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    We'll announce a new one soon!

6. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Hah, 1 year, and 3 awesome games!!! Way to go guys. I still boot Sway up all the time!!

7. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Oh yeah, Rolando 1 and 2 are two very good and polished games, indeed!

8. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Don't know why but the site didn't load right, I couldn't pick anything to vote, then i hit submit... =(

Anders I think you guys deserve some serious rewards, especially for Touchgrind and Sway, amazing games! I'll try from my PC when I get home tonight, but you guys have my votes! :cool:

9. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Thanks for the kind words, appreciate it!

I heard there were some problems with some browsers, it works in Firefox and Safari on my computer though. It should look something like this:

View attachment 5550

10. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Already voted a few days ago upon invitation from another dev, and found myself ticking your boxes several times! Good luck, and yes, bring us some more grindingly and swayingly good games!:cool:

11. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Hehe cool, apreciate it ;) We'll do our best!

12. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Yeah hopefully we can cram out atleast three, maybe four games the next 12 months too. Another friend, Jim (or Jimbaland as I like to call him hehe), is joining forces too, that should speed things up a little bit!

13. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Ugh I hated a lot of things on that list. They basically chose the best sellers, and none of the hidden gems.

Voted for sway on all of the ones it was there, as well as touchgrind since the other options were laughable mostly, and I don't have Rolando 2 :eek:

14. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Yeah not too happy with all their choices either. Oh well.

Rolando 2 is really good, well worth every penny in my opinion.

15. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Ugh why are Rolando 1/2 and Peggle up there -.-';
    Touchgrind and Ocarina are definitely creative, but I just really dislike Rolando and Peggle.
    Glad Shazam, Zenonia, and Pocket God made it to the list. Pretty disappointed that Beatrider didn't make it though, it's really innovative and fun to play in my opinion. n_n

16. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    :)

17. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Give me back Lizzie as the full Sway icon, the pirate looks so predictable and mainstream, just like any other pirate. Lizzie looks more unique. I really really hate the pirate icon.

18. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    We weren't really aware that icons were that important, sorry to hear you don't like it :/ I'll talk to the others and see if we can agree on changing it back to Lizzie.

19. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    NOOO!!

The pirate is awesome :D

20. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009