Manga Jump - your very own manga jumping adventure

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by olnex, Jul 28, 2010.

1. olnex

olnex Active Member

Apr 15, 2010
    #1 olnex, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
    Hello guys!
    I'm working on a new game called Manga Jump.

"You are lucky, full moon tonight."

[​IMG]

Manga Jump is like a manga/cartoon book, you explore its content by jumping up and up(through page and page, each page has a story). Defeat monsters, play soccer world cup(along with many other mini games), avoid big fishes in underseas world; There is also some pages which are under construction(so be careful as you don't have a safety hat)…more for you to discover!

FEATURES(the below list only contains a small portion):

* moving, broken, disappearing, bouncing and EXPLODING platforms
    * balloon, feather and water/fire spirit that fly you higher(and/or quicker)
    * dracula(his castle appears when page number is multiple of 66 or 666)
    * good luck when full moon, bad luck when new moon
    * Soccer World Cup is played periodically
    * you are randomly brought back(by time machine) to 1943 Midway
    * three world types(difficulties): order(easy), neutral(medium) and chaos(hard)
    * cute manga characters
    * global and local leaderboard
    * submit score to Facebook and Twitter
    * challenge friends

How to play:
    Tilt to move left or right, tap the screen to shoot

Your very own manga adventure is about to unfold. Take courage, and jump into the world of manga where dreams, challenges and friends await!

Zen Bamboo Forest:
    [​IMG]

Soccer World Cup:
    [​IMG]

Dracula and Evil Castle:
    [​IMG]

Deep Undersea:
    [​IMG]

Asteroid:
    [​IMG]

Beez:
    [​IMG]

Page Under Construction:
    [​IMG]

Game Over:
    [​IMG]

2. Spaztrigger

Spaztrigger Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Under your bed
    Add more playable characters and this will be golden.

3. olnex

olnex Active Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Thanks for your reply, currently there are two characters selectable in the game, as I am not a full time developer and do not have sufficient fund to rent an artist, I drew them myself, it is time consuming, but later I'll add more characters;-)

4. Spaztrigger

Apr 4, 2010
    Under your bed
    Oh...........Well characters are good enough for me.
    I kave to compliment you on your level design. It's really good!

5. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    This reminds me of Doodle Jump. I mean FFS (For **** Sake) - You have a Jungle theme, Space, Underwater, Soccer, and Halloween. That's barbaric.

6. olnex

olnex Active Member

Apr 15, 2010
    #6 olnex, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
    I don't think that is barbaric, I played quite a few of jumping style games, such like papi jump, doodle jump, mega jump and so on. When I saw doodle jump, it reminded me of papi jump; when I saw mega jump, it reminded me of doodle jump...but I don't think they are barbaric, they all belong to a jumping style. If themes are your concern, then I have to clarify that:

1 there is no jungle theme, I don't know which screenshot show you that
    2 space theme is actually asteroid, that game exists from 80s(probably 70s)
    3 underwater and soccer theme was added BEFORE doodle jump added them, here is a sentence in wikipedia:
    "In early June, the soccer theme was added and in mid-July, an update was released, including support for multitasking and an a additional underwater theme."
    and check this(Manga Jump's status):
    [​IMG]
    you could argue that they are added later, but those "themes" does not come from any other game. Underwater page(not theme, there is no "theme" in my game, only pages flipping one by one) was added because I had those images in my computer, Soccer World Cup was added as it was a hot topic, and there is no "Halloween", only evil castle appears on pages numbers that are multiples of 66 and 666(this is what people believe, 666 and evil).

Check appstore, there are a considerable amount of "jumping" style games, several of them were released before doodle jump and there ARE elements that are quite similar.

PS: although the screenshots may reminds you of Doodle Jump, but the content is quite different, for example, in Soccer World Cup pages(again, not theme, only pages one followed by another, each page has different stories), there is a goal and two random nationality soccer player, and limited time, you try to shoot soccers to goal as many as possible(to get extra scores), the two players cannot be destroyed; when time is up, another page replaces current one.

7. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Very nice variety in the backdrops.

8. Spaztrigger

Apr 4, 2010
    Under your bed
    Why not do a heaven theme?

9. olnex

olnex Active Member

Apr 15, 2010
    The screenshots only show some of the pages, but there are more in the game(e.g., page 2012 and Mayan Calendar)