Best Minesweeper Game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Project-79, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Project-79

Project-79 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Canada
    What's the best/hardest minesweeper game in the App Store? I've been playing touchmines, but I don't think the promised updates will ever come. So, I've been looking into different versions. Mines In Space looked OK, but I don't want side mini-games, I just want a great minesweeper. Minesmaniak was great (the lite version), but only had a 12x12 board at max. Also, I kind of like good graphics/good style in the game (i.e. not like Minesweeper Classic)

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!!!

Pro-79

2. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Herefordshire, U.K.
    My favourite is Mines in Space.

3. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Mines In Space was what I chose. Great graphics. Achievements.

There really aren't side mini-games. There are just several variations of the game which helps to make this offering better than the rest (in my opinion). You can choose to play the variations or stick with what you know. I did not see any other Minesweeper clone that offered much more than a straight game of Minesweeper and this one offers more.

The one negative is having to scroll around the board. I'm not sure how the other games deal with this. You don't see the entire board on a screen so you have to scroll around. I've gotten used to it, but it makes it a bit different from what I'm used to under Windows.

4. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    +1 on "Mines In Spaces" from me...

5. owlnonymous

owlnonymous New Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I would def' give Mines-In-Space a try. It had me completely addicted for three weeks.

6. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Wish someone would make a Orginal Mine Sweeper port?

7. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Mines in Space is definately the best

8. I rather like Sweep! actually. It's different -- not your average Minesweeper game. There's a free lite version to try it out. The visuals may not be incredibly blingy but I think they work well, and the gameplay is great.

9. rwl4

rwl4 New Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Mines in Space is extremely well done. I enjoy the mine sweeper variations it provides as well.

10. ZZMitch

ZZMitch Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Boom! is my favorite by far. Has many board sizes and many choices for amount of bombs.

11. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    +1. Boom most closely resembles the original Minesweeper, too, in terms of graphics. :)

12. Muzzle

Muzzle Member

Jan 17, 2009
    College Student
    Washington, D.C.
    Minesweeper Pro has appealing gfx, decent sfx, and your basic minesweeper gameplay. Easy, medium, and hard boards, as well as full customization of board size and # of mines. Local and global leaderboards for each difficulty. Saves your current game upon exiting the app.

13. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Mines in Space is the one I play.

14. ThePika

ThePika Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    The Twilight Zone
    TouchMines! Free! Simple! Easy to use!

or

Minsweeper gold lite it is so so so easy to play

15. Curly Rocket

Curly Rocket Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Game Developer
    UK
    You may want to try my Minesweeper game, Curly Minesweeper. It's very different looking from normal Minesweeper games and it has boards from easy 10x10 up to extreme 25x25 with 120+ bombs. All boards or solvable without guessing as long as you use the 'Boost' feature which basically makes the best first move for you... from there on in you don't have to guess.

It's free too... https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/minesweeper-by-curly/id572641059?ls=1&mt=8

16. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Read through the description when I saw this: "If a square with a number is touching the correct amount of flags, tap on the number to reveal adjacent squares.". Insta-download. Most minesweeper games seem to be missing this function. I also like that you went with the original number colors.

17. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I've been having a lot of fun with "A Few Billion Square Tiles". It's quite a unique take on the minesweeper formula being that the play field is infinite and I'm not sure there are any other multiplayer MS games out there. Plus there's a sense of teamwork with the option to join different clans. There are GC achievements/leaderboards and hourly contests too. Give it a shot and join the Touch Arcade clan. We're currently #1 out of over 200 clans!

18. hakcan

hakcan Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Not exactly a minesweeper clone but you can check Pitidots. The gameplay is similar to minesweeper. Features a classic mode, as well as an endless arcade mode. There are also social & global leaderboards. Available on ios & android.

More info:

www.pitidots.com

19. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Puzzle Sweeper is a great minesweeper with a touch of dungeon crawling in it.