Action RPG for iOS/Android/Blackberry, name of the game not decided yet

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by richard2812, Aug 28, 2013.

1. richard2812

richard2812 Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Hi Everybody,

I'll post in there a sort of dev diary of mine new project, started this summer I hope you will like.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Regards,

Riccardo Aversa

2. richard2812

Aug 16, 2009
    Other pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Everything is made with 3dsmax, zbrush 4r6, photoshop and obviusly our preferite engine Unity3d pro 4.2

Regards,

Riccardo Aversa

3. richard2812

Aug 16, 2009
  4. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Looks great, really cool :) one character reminds me of Hulk, other is like Vegeta from DBZ. Have you decided on control scheme yet? Also it doesn't play as Infinity Blade right?

Once again ,great looking art. I will be keeping my eye on this.

5. richard2812

Aug 16, 2009
    Eheheh, I'm an 80's guy than dragonball and fist of the north star had influenced a lot my art :D
    For the gameplay I'm looking to make something similar to Wild Blood but probably with a point of view like Key of Heaven (for the people doesn't know is a PSP game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4lEzyWqNWY
    But the difference from Wild Blood will be all the upgrades will be made with coin you find in game, no pay for win like Gameloft. I prefere the formula pay for the game one time and stop.

6. richard2812

Aug 16, 2009
    Quick update first to go to sleep, the w.i.p. Hyena armor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Regards,

Riccardo

7. crimsondivine

crimsondivine Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Wow, looks great. Do you think you could try to add a mage/elementalist class later? One that utilizes fire water and earth. I've been trying to find a good rpg that utilizes the four elements well but so far have only loved guild wars 2. Seriously, I would pay top dollar if I could play as an elementalist on my ipad. An archer class would also be cool, because it seems like so far the models are mostly melee.

8. richard2812

Aug 16, 2009
    Thanks, yes basically for the first release I'm planing to have the warrior, the druid, and the paladin. Not too many classes for the beginning, everything depends on the kickstarter/indiegogo campaing i'm planing to prepare for December.

9. richard2812

Aug 16, 2009
    Hi Everybody!
    Quick update with the hyena with the complete armor. Next step i'll paint it, and forward to the next monster.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Regards,

Riccardo

10. richard2812

Aug 16, 2009
    Hi Everybody,

a quick update with the hyena colored version and a youtube turnaround of it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Regards,

Riccardo

11. richard2812

Aug 16, 2009
    Hi guys,

this a daily update with the new enemy character, the common goblin. It's still in progress, I've to add a lot of stuff for wear him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Regards,

Riccardo

12. swimmingcub

swimmingcub Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Wow haven't seen this before! What kind of weapons will be in the game? Also does the game have dungeons to explore? If so will there be some kind of random generated dungeon mode or something! Finally is there random loot? I really love action rpgs so I will be keeping my eyes on this!

Edit: forgot to ask is there character customization?

13. megasiech

megasiech Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    very nice you show us your progress. charakter & style looks amazing

14. richard2812

Aug 16, 2009
    Thanks,

from the initial screenshot i've changed a bit the fighting style, the weapon basically are swords/axe/mace and other for close combat and some "magic" depending kind on the character you will use. Everyting is inspired to the D&D world. For the random generator of dungeon, for the first release it's hard to have. It's much more easyer i'll do a large database of dungeons and they will be loaded randomly for the secondary quests. For the main quest the enviroment will be fixed.

Regards,

Riccardo

15. swimmingcub

swimmingcub Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Wow sounds cool! I will definitely be getting this!

16. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Yep, the artwork looks good, fresh and interesting. Subscribed, you got me interested.
    Do you have any ideas on a release date already? Can be a year or more away, no worries; I prefer to wait for quality.

17. richard2812

Aug 16, 2009
    It's hard to say, because my intention is to make a good game. I don't want to give me rush to finish, because i know if I try to speed up too much the quality will be low and also the gameplay. I've already worked to other games for my clients and i know what is the right speed for have a good looking game. Also the time will give me an other good things, better devices to point with the game than a better graphic more similar to the console game than psp game. The initial milestone is december for prepare all the material for the kickstarter/indiegogo raise founding campaign, depending to it the timing of finish the game can be shorter because with that money I'll hire some programmers for help me to develop it.

18. richard2812

Aug 16, 2009
    Model update of the goblin:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Regards,

Riccardo

19. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    The characters look promising. Do you want to connect to the internet while playing the game?

20. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @richard: Thanks for the fast reply, and nice new artwork.
    Good luck with the Kickstarter! Will keep my eyes open.