not visible! again

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Syndicated Puzzles, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

So you do everything correctly and your app isn't visible in the store. My last two apps 1 to 25 Lite (Rankings didn't work) and now PuzzleDice Lite not visible in the two categories (Dice and Family) chosen, really knocks the wind out of a developer. You only have a short window of exposure, so when your app finally does work and you are buried by a few days of other apps it really hurts. This is not the first time this has happened to me, but being new to the submission process caused some of the issues. (my fault)

I am addicted to making and submitting new concepts to iTunes, but days like today when the rewards aren't there, because of some unpredictable circumstance you have to drag yourself off the ground to go again.

Most developers have gone through the same listing issues and have learned to brush them off. With the amount of apps moving through the store this will always be an unavoidable issue, but next time I really hope it will be someone else.

2. bravetarget

bravetarget Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    did you set the release date to the day after your approval?

3. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  4. Syndicated Puzzles

#4 Syndicated Puzzles, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
    Dave,
    It is now! But wasn't for days. Remember the discussion we had before.

Bravetarget,

I made that mistake the first time. When I was green behind the ears. The date is correct this time.

5. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    It was released 5 days ago. Your other app was released today. Are you wishing Apple would rank apps only by daily sales? A bit confused at the problem.

6. Syndicated Puzzles

#6 Syndicated Puzzles, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
    Puzzle Dice just showed up under Dice and Family.

Dave,
    1 to 25 was being downloaded really well the first few days. It didn't show any movement anywhere (77 countries) for those days. I complained to apple, they replied back that it should be working now. So the app was listed but didn't move up or down in the rankings because of a technical issue. Puzzle Dice was approved on the 19 with the 19 set as the release date. It showed up 5 minutes ago on the 20 th (close to midnight) so I am happy again