Light the Way

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tgdesign, Oct 24, 2013.

1. tgdesign

tgdesign Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Hey guys, I'm looking for testers for my new game before I submit it to Apple! If anyones interested, itd be greatly appreciated!

[DESCRIPTION]
    Light the Way brings a new twist to the classic memory game genre. You will be shown a path across a grid. Your job is to recreate said path by tapping the squares in the correct order. Sounds easy, but as you reach higher difficulties, the grids become larger and the paths longer, testing how effective your memory truly is!

[KEY FEATURES]
    -160 memory straining levels
    - 4 challenging difficulty levels
    -Beautiful, simplistic design to compliment your devices Retina display as well as the flat design of iOS 7
    - No timers! Play when you want for how long you want!
    -Completely free, with no restrictions or paywalls! However, you may donate to the developer if you wish

[NOTES]
    -Requires iOS6 or higher
    -The game performs well on the iPad. However, the back button is positioned slightly higher on the screen

[SCREENSHOTS]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tgdesign

tgdesign Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Hey guys, forgot to include the recruitment link for the beta! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

http://tflig.ht/1aeqiBH

3. tgdesign

tgdesign Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Hey guys, Light the Way is officially set for a December 4th release! However, below are 10 early access promotion codes so some of you can play it today! Enjoy!

43X3H66AFXHM
    6XRHWRWLH4KT
    4PPNJXNLEJ94
    JYKMKPHR9JHM
    F9H66HE44ETA
    HNYR9FR7M67T
    LY7HWFHANK6N
    W4WWNX36LW6T
    WJXJFWHLJKK4
    HNNMEXYHMFA3

4. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012

I took the w4w code

There does seem to a long delay in loading the game. It has 12 seconds of total black when opened. You could really do with a splash screen. It's odd that you carnt see a back button. I know the instructions tell you where to press but most people won't read it. Also when you pass a level if you accedetly hit another block while the pass text is fading in it the says you have failed.

On the good side it's very clean looking much like ios7. Music and sounds are good too

5. EvanCrocker

EvanCrocker Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Took the h one

6. tgdesign

tgdesign Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Hey there, could you provide some extra information? What device are you playing on? Im assuming iOS 7 as well? Thanks you for the feedback, Ill start working on an update!

7. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    I'm on an iPhone 4S. Ios 6.1

8. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Took WJXJFWHLJKK4, will give some feedback later, thanks

9. EvanCrocker

EvanCrocker Member

Oct 19, 2013
    I just played the entire easy section and the first 5 of the medium, the games great and highly addictive. I also have a very long black screen before start up it's about 7 seconds, I'm on an iPhone 5 iOS 7. Something that I'd think would be fun for you to introduce would be a level editor and a section for them since this would make for basically endless gameplay. I also think a multiplayer game mode would be a lot of fun.

10. tgdesign

tgdesign Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Good news! Light the Way v1.10 has been submitted to Apple! It brings a handful of improvements to make the “experience” more enjoyable! It'll be available at the launch on December 3, 2013.

Fixes:
    –Fixed problem where tapping an already highlighted square resulted in a failure of the level
    –Fixed an issue where Insane levels would not play
    –Fixed issue where Tribute screen would not show

Changes:
    –Instead of taking you back to the level select screen when you fail a level, you will restart that level instead
    –Added a physical back button
    –Now supports devices running iOS 5.0 and above

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I'm only a handful of levels in but I love it!

Took 4PPNJXNLEJ94 FYI. I love this minimalist super hard games and this one is amazing. I think that update will fix about all of the only issues :)

Highly recommend it. Connector and EP, if you see this thread, pick this game up if there's any valid codes.

12. tgdesign

tgdesign Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Once again, the game comes out Wednesday night! Also, here's 25 more promotion codes for the updated version. Enjoy :)

AKWTRYYLK6AF
    RH6YPTM4LJLJ
    LLHR6MEHJEMR
    YNAX6LJTHKF7
    AW4NLW79WHKN
    TEWY6YNLW9K7
    NYALFAR4EYFM
    RY7PPMXJYKYF
    T6RNHT7ARRRR
    MKE6NJK7AK7A
    PE947XT6NFYR
    X97LPAHE6L6Y