Fault with Tumbledrop

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Big_Car_Killa, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Big_Car_Killa

Big_Car_Killa Member

Nov 25, 2009
    After getting to level 21, I've noticed that if you stuff up, the game crashes.

It seems to be doing it for all the levels from 21 onwards

Anyone else had this drama??

2. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I have exactly the same problem here.

3. Dock

Dock Active Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Game Developer
    Cambridge, UK
    Hi, I'm the developer of Tumbledrop. Unfortunately there is a bug on level 21 and 22 on some devices if you fail or reset (it works fine if you beat the level). I submitted a fix for this a couple of days ago, so it should be available soon.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll post in this thread when the new version is available.

4. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    Good to know! :)

5. Big_Car_Killa

Big_Car_Killa Member

Nov 25, 2009
    FYI:

even if I beat the level it crashes, but I've tried going to lvl 23 and that worked fine, then I went back to 21, passed and it flowed on to 22 without crashing.

6. Dock

Dock Active Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Game Developer
    Cambridge, UK
    Ah, I see what you mean! The new update seems to fix both of those cases though, so hopefully Apple will approve it soon. I'm glad for the feedback though, and if you find any other problems I'll do what I can to resolve them.

7. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I found another bug--if you are playing when you plug your device into your computer, then cancel the sync, the sound cuts off.

Not really a big deal, but just FYI.

8. Dock

Dock Active Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Game Developer
    Cambridge, UK
    v1.01 is released now! The medal scores are all fixed, and levels 21+22 don't crash. The physics can still go strange on those levels forcing you to go to the menu, so it's not perfect, but at least it doesn't freeze the game. I'm working on another update now.

I'm trying to track down the root of the sound disabling bug, I don't know why that happens, but I agree it's annoying.