Fossil Swap for iOS, a match-3 game with innovative Pay-To-Own™ monetization!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by monoRAIL, Feb 3, 2014.

1. monoRAIL

monoRAIL Well-Known Member

#1 monoRAIL, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    Fossil Swap is a new match-3 puzzle game from Io Normal which is not only fun to play, but also features innovative Pay-To-Own™ monetization.

With one simple out-of-app macrotransaction, players can literally purchase the game forever! Conor O'Kane, director at Io Normal says "We know that gamers these days want to be able to spend hundreds of dollars on worthless in-game currencies, and that they enjoy having the option of not playing for hours on end while their game recharges its 'energy', but here at Io Normal we think there might be another way to play. We're calling it Pay-To-Own™, and it lets players purchase a game once, and then play it as often as they like. Of course, seeing highly skilled players at the top of the leaderboard instead of players who simply spent more money on the game, will come as a shock to many, but we're confident this new style of gaming is the future and that players will quickly adapt to being free to play whenever they want without having to wait or make an additional purchase."

View the Fossil Swap tutorial video on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrFOaK_vfKM

Fossil Swap will be available for all iOS devices on the 6th of February, and on Android devices shortly after.
    Edit - it's out now - here's the App Store link

You can also play Fossil Swap for free in your browser at http://fossilswap.com

[​IMG]

2. Xaron

Xaron Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    LOL. I like that trademark thing on this "pay to own". So in short this is just the good ol' classic "buy the app" function? :D

3. Stormourner

Stormourner Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Pay-To-Own™ is something should have begin said for a long time. I concern that some people (*cough**cough*freemium haters*cough**cough*) will not download the game only because it is free without reading the description. I'm looking foward for PTO games to be dominant in the app store ;)

4. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    EVERY Freemium hater ( me included) thought about this at some point... I hope T.A writes an article about this game and the pay to own concept! We really need this on the appstore!!

5. Stormourner

Stormourner Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    TA will write the article about Fossil Swap so it will take some times. some games has this feature before monoRAIL came up with a name Pay-to-Own™. if app store put freemium, premium, totally free and Pay-to-Own™ under the price would be better

6. monoRAIL

Great to hear you're all getting behind the Pay-To-Own™ scheme! I'll have some promo codes to give away once the game launches, I guess that would make it free-to-play. :eek:

7. VincentVictoria

VincentVictoria Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2012
    A two-man indie game developer
    South Korea
    I like the Pay-To-Own scheme ;)
    I only wish that Apple recognizes it as an official feature :)

8. monoRAIL

#8 monoRAIL, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    Fossil Swap is out today... here's some promo codes to celebrate. Please post if you take one of these so I can cross it out.

1 - 369W7LJRF6N9
    2 - TJRHJTJJJH6Y (taken)
    3 - JNKJT944YTMT (taken)

And remember, if you'd like to try it for free, go to http://fossilswap.com to play in your browser.
    App Store link

9. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    JNKJT944YTMT thanks! I'll post imps in the release thread

10. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    TJRHJTJJJH6Y taken. I'll leave imps. later. :)

11. monoRAIL