EA Holiday Sales

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Krollx, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    EA is having sales every weekend during December:
    "**SAVE UP TO 80% on EA games every weekend in December during the Fa-La-La Fun Sales Event ** "

Mirror's Edge $4.99 - $0.99
    http://itunes.apple.com/app/mirrors-edge/id378977849?mt=8#

Mirror's Edge HD $9.99 - $4.99
    http://itunes.apple.com/app/mirrors-edge-for-ipad/id363311002?mt=8

Mass Effect Galaxy $1.99 - $0.99
    http://itunes.apple.com/app/mass-effect-galaxy/id320095701?mt=8#

MONOPOLY Here & Now: The World Edition $2.99 - $0.99
    http://itunes.apple.com/app/monopoly-here-now-the-world/id299110947?mt=8

If there is any that I've missed I'll add them onto this list.

2. han0007

han0007 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    First Officer Qantas.
    Melbourne, Australia
    Nice, gonna grab Mirror's Edge HD rightt now!
    EDIT: re-read^, maybe not right now xD

3. Ritchie Blackmore

Dec 3, 2010
    Is this US only?
    I checked Mirror's Edge on the UK store and it is still priced the same.

4. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    no EU sale, once again, thought of getting pictureka

5. Kane2007uk

Kane2007uk Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Amusements Cashier/Security
    UK
    That's the second time in a row that Mirror's Edge has dropped to that price and only for US, as far as I'm aware us UK gamers have not seen a single price drop on this since it's release, is this company deliberately snubbing the EU with this particular game?...I'd pay full price if it wasn't so short, as it is $0.99/£0.59p seems just about right, so I'll continue hoping for a sale for UK and the rest of the world.

6. iamryanhello

iamryanhello Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    definitely picked up mirror's edge been hoping for it to go down again :) yay

7. Sensei

Sensei Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
    Teacher, writer
    Japan
    Anyone have Monopoly Here and Now? is the AI good on the computer opponents?

8. Jazzzed

Jazzzed Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    I've had the Here and Now version for a long time. The prices for the properties are much higher than the original Monopoly, so you can be kicking some serious butt, but then totally get destroyed by one or two unfortunate rolls of the dice. I used to think that the computer AI was a scam. You always seem to land on their big money properties, but they never land on yours. When they have 2 properties and need the third, they seem to always roll the perfect dice to land on the 3rd. They trade any properties amongst themselves, but are picky when you try to trade with them. They will always take cash in excess of what they paid for a property though, so you can usually buy anything you want from them. Having said all that... I beat the little bastards all the time. At $.99, it's a decent game. I wouldn't pay more though...

9. Ritchie Blackmore

Dec 3, 2010
    Wasn't there loads of reviews on the store and on websites about how the AI genuinely did fix the game in favour of itself? Or am I thinking of a different version of Monopoly on the store?

10. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Yeah EA never see to include the UK I've lost count of how many times I've seen their apps on sale then when I look the UK isn't included I think I've seen need for speed shift on sale at least 6 times for the US on appshopper and not once for the UK so far. Mind you I wouldn't buy it anyway now they have added adverts to it.

Their basicly trying to milk us when we already pay more anyway I know that's probably down to tax but even so it's salt in the wound.