What do you think about this game?! (Arrowhead Chase)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by andreix, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andreix

andreix Active Member

Feb 20, 2009
    #1 andreix, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited: May 16, 2009
    "Arrowhead Chase" will be launched within a week on iTunes. We need to know you opinions about the concept!
    The idea is to slide the iPhone in a 3d space to find a crazy arrow. It's a game that tests your reaction in a funny way.
    The arrow will move faster and faster, and you have to find it, crossing checkpoints and reaching the finish line in a limited time.

If you slide your iphone in the left direction you will advance to the left room. if you slide your iphone in the up direction you will advance to the up room, and so on, with all possible directions. This way you have to chase the arrow through this cube network, until the finish line!

You gain a bigger score if you react quickly!

Sounds crazy for us! , but we need your opinions! :D .
    We are also making a list for 10 promo codes, (or more ;)) for people who wants to review this game.

P.S. For promo codes, just post a message here, and when we'll have the promo codes for the game, we'll let you know! ( somewhere after 20 April, depending on iTunes)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Check http://www.caluliber.ro for news about our games

2. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    So you have to tilt your iDevice in the direction that the arrow has gone until you cross the finish line? It looks really good! Also are there different difficulty levels so you can make the arrow go insanely fast or slow and steady?

I love reaction games so it'd be great if I could get a promo code (although I would only be able to review it on iTunes).

3. Duff

Duff New Member

Mar 27, 2009
    That sounds like a pretty interesting concept. I am curious to see how well it turns out and how responsive the final product turns out to be... you have me interested.

4. Crypton

Crypton Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Germany
    A video would be great.

5. pressHOME

pressHOME Member

It would be great to get a promo code for review. Thanks!

6. ixumanu

ixumanu New Member

Apr 14, 2009
    #6 ixumanu, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
    Coooollll!!!

WOW! This looks cool, fresh concept! I can't wait to get my hand on it! :D
    I realy like the arrow, it looks funny!

7. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I really love the creative idea implemented into this game. To me, this game sounds like something where I would be yelling while playing (you know like, ahhhh). I have to agree with you, sounds pretty crazy. Can't wait for this game to be released now, just sounds so...awesome.

8. andreix

andreix Active Member

Feb 20, 2009
    controls

You'll have to do more than a tilt, :D, you'll have to slide the phone in air to move to another room. For left, right, up and down, you'll slide it in the desired direction, for front movement, you'll need to push the device away from you, like when you need to reach something in front of you :D. The controls are smooth, you'll see, you can play even staying in bed , with the device upside-down.

Attached Files:

9. andreix

andreix Active Member

Feb 20, 2009
    controls

The controls have been tuned a lot to make it smooth, and now it's really easy to slide it correctly . it doesn't matter if you keep the phone tilted.

10. andreix

andreix Active Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Right now we are working on a video and we'll post it on youtube!

11. andreix

andreix Active Member

Feb 20, 2009

:D Yes, Arrowhead Chase it's really original,both concept and controls.
    The first levels will be quite easy, so that the player will accommodate with the controls, and understand the idea. After a short intro, the real fun will begin. And yes, you'll be yelling when you'll play it :))

12. andreix

andreix Active Member

Feb 20, 2009
    promo codes

:) we'll distribute some promo codes to the interested persons. so you'll get one too!

13. ixumanu

ixumanu New Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Super!

Promo codes for everyone!!! :D

Thanks!

i can't hardly wait to see the video :D

14. jmarquiso

jmarquiso Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I'd love to try it. Love the graphics;

15. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Not sure how it will ultimately play out, but it sounds intriguing simply because it's unique. Not sure how you're accumulating your list for promo codes, but I'd love to review this once it's available as well.

16. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Wow what a nice change in pace for a game. Most of the games that are sort of more casual yet you can get into them don't have that cartoony feel that you can just have fun with, but this looks like a nice casual fun pickup and play that will have you at the edge of your seat. Scoops has the feel im talking about, but takes alittle while for the game to speed up so my question for you guys is, is there a level selection or a mode/difficulty were you are right from the get go gnawing at your finger nails or do you have to progress through the levels first.

Either way this game looks like a must buy. Arrowhead has just brigtened up my 2009 and that may seem like an exaggeration compared to all the other huge games (Assasins Creed, Zenonia, CircuitStrike, Carjack etc) but really I mean it this game might be exactly what i've been waiting for.

Is there an unlimited sort of mode were I can just lose myself in and play for time on end or is the game only level based?

17. hazmat95

hazmat95 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    this looks real fun, id be happy to review it for you

18. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    looks pretty cool, i dont think we have seen anything like this yet...but i maybe wrong...

19. andreix

andreix Active Member

Feb 20, 2009
    This is exactly why we need your opinion, so we can know what we'll put in the first update. Right now we don't have the difficulty button in the options screen, but we'll put one. Also, we'll make a free run, endless.. that will reflect how much you've played Arrowhead Chase .

Thanks for suggestions, to everybody. Please, feel free to post your comments!

20. andreix

andreix Active Member

Feb 20, 2009

We'll send private messages to all the users interested in reviewing our game, with the promo codes. Also, we are considering to make a 'database' with users, so , whenever we'll make another game, we'll give them to review it.

Thanks!