Hey... So I'm looking for a zombie SURVIVAL game for my 4th gen Itouch. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Timobrow, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Timobrow

Timobrow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    Hey, I'm looking for a zombie survival game, which survival being the key idea here. I've paid countless mindless duel stick zombie shooters, however not one which requires much otherwise thinking. I'm not sure one such game exists at this point, however if there is that would be awesome!

If there is no such game, I'd also like a zombie rpg/roguelike/strategy game. Thanks heaps!

2. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    You can try N.Y. Zombies 2 or wait for 2013 infected wars to release(i think it will come soon about 25th july);)

3. Timobrow

May 26, 2013
    Yeah, thanks. Strangely neither of those games appealed to me. Thanks anyway though!

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    That Walking Dead game (black and white strategy-ish one) is pretty good, well worth having a look at

5. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    tactical soldier
    rebuild

both are turn based, but contain zombies. the second is a favorite of mine. you run a city that is constantly attacked by zombies.

6. imjhonfre

imjhonfre Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    zombieville usa 1 and 2

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Zombies. by Bignic. Yeah Zombies with a dot at the end. Just search Bignic.

8. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Trial by survival is coming up

9. Timobrow

May 26, 2013
    Thanks, I'll give it a go

10. Timobrow

May 26, 2013
    I had my eye on tactical soldier, I guess I'll try it. Rebuild is also and amazing game, and I'be lived the many hours I've sunk into it.

11. Timobrow

May 26, 2013
    These games never came across as survival games to me as much as they did a dual stick shooter.

12. Timobrow

May 26, 2013
    Yeah, I played that on release. It was fun because of the immense amount of weapons you could use, however it still ended up boiling down to a twin stick shooter

13. Timobrow

May 26, 2013
    Alright, I'll look it up.

14. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Check out Zombie Escape. It's a legacy (2010) app that I had fun with it. The app description accurately states it's a "combination of tactical line-drawing and offensive attacks, manage the survivors from a top-down view, guiding them toward their rescue helicopters while eliminating the zombie onslaught with a combination of clever diversions and permanent destruction."

15. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    COD WAW Zombies. Still the best zombie game on the App Store, IMO.

16. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Has no one mentioned Aftermath? The OP references "dual stick shooters" and Aftermath is an atmospheric "shooter" with auto-fire where you dodge zombies while your character fires them at a set rate so there's emphasis on avoidance rather than button mashing or attack. You have to dodge around when zombies sneak behind you to face/fire at them.

17. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Age of zombies :D
    Into the dead

18. Timobrow

May 26, 2013
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I guess most ios zombie games are just action games. Whilst there are games of brilliance such as rebuilt, but just seem to boil down to aim and shoot. I can't really expect too much from a platform like this one to give me the experience I'm hoping for.

19. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I'm not really clear as to what exactly you're looking for. Is the general idea that you want games that require you to use strategy to survive in a zombie setting? If so Organ Trail comes to mind. Perhaps you'd like Survivor Z or ZDAY Survival Simulator?

20. mrbradleypants

mrbradleypants Well-Known Member

Hey Timobrow-

We are launching our title Trial By Survival real soon.
    Check out a gameplay video we posted a while back.

We have a permadeath survival mode with some rpg/rogue/strategy like elements... Weapon building and leveling, perks, a scavenging system. If that looks like something you could be into, PM me and I can hook you up pre-release via testflight, or you can follow us on FB for our release. I hope you find what you are looking for!