Is bluetooth local player still worth it?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by relsircspotcat, May 17, 2011.

1. relsircspotcat

relsircspotcat Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Apps Developer
    I was wondering if its still worth it to support bluetooth multiplayer, aside from online multiplayer via gamecenter?

2. mr_wexer

mr_wexer Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2011
    I think so, I loved it in Minigore. I think it can generate sales as long as you create a very streamline, fun experience. The sales coming from friends asking each other to buy the game so they can play together.

3. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

I don't know enough people with iPhones in real life to ever think to put it in a game, haha. Not the case for everyone, of course.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Is Bluetooth much less of a battery killer than WiFi? There are three people with iPods/iPads in my house and we always go with Bluetooth if it's available. Online-only just means we'll never be able to play a game outside of our signal range since we don't get 3G/EDGE.

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Minigore had Bluetooth MP?

Anyways, I love bluetooth multiplayer. Maybe even mroe so than online mupltiplayer sometimes.

6. relsircspotcat

relsircspotcat Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Apps Developer
    thanks for the replies guys. Will probably push through with the multiplayer via bluetooth feature.

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Always play bluetooth here at work since the wifi sucks. ;)

At home, both are fine, wifi is a tad easier (since most of our iDevices have bluetooth turned off to save power.)