iPhone Mogo the Monkey: Physics Puzzler WITH DESTRUCTION

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by EnabledGames, Jun 28, 2011.

1. EnabledGames

EnabledGames Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #1 EnabledGames, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
    Hi Everyone

We'd like to show off our upcoming game, Mogo the Monkey. It's a universal app, but best appreciated on iPad.

[​IMG]

Mogo (Monkey 173) has escaped from the Aztec Toilet Paper Testing Facility and is back to shut it down for good. Help Mogo infiltrate the factory and exact his revenge on the evil mastermind, Marquis DePooPoo, who is destroying the Aztec Jungle one roll of toilet paper at a time.

It combines Worms-style pixel destruction with Angry Birds-style physics. You can blast away at rocks and trees, knock things over and trigger mechanisms to solve devious puzzles.

[​IMG]

Each weapon provides a unique puzzle-solving mechanic, from regular Rocket Pineapples to Parachuting Oranges (landed carefully with the accelerometer).

[​IMG]

All the levels are beautifully hand painted.

[​IMG]

Tons of cool mechanisms to explore, including conveyor belts, toilet paper assembly machines, crocodile gods, spinning razors and much more!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Release Date: JULY 1
    Price: $0.99

What else is there?

To sweeten the taste of completing the game in the first month those who collect ALL THE GOLD BANANAS also have a chance to win up to $2000 in prizes (Australia) or various iTunes Gift Cards (Worldwide). We'll be announcing more at the release of the game – for now, like our page on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

2. williamsyee

williamsyee Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    SQA
    omg, at the first screenshot the monkey is holding a piece of s**t? The game looks very nice in iPad!! :D

3. EnabledGames

EnabledGames Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yes. That's the, ah... "sticky bomb."

4. flybird

flybird Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    It looks polished on iPad.

(Every time when a dev announces a contest to win prizes, I guess who wins atually at last and never throws any interest or hope in it:(, but $2000 is really tempting, unfortunately, I'm not in down under)

5. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    Consider my socks to be blown :eek:
    The handpainted look really makes the difference on this one.
    Cute monkey +1
    Cute monkey throwing poopoo +1Mio :D

I didn't even recognize it at first glance ^^
    Crazy story and idea - I just love that devs can do this !

6. EnabledGames

EnabledGames Member

Jun 28, 2011
    It's out! [thread]99273[/thread]

7. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    looks fun, price is great, grabbing :)

8. unlit

unlit Member

I grabbed it because of the art style and was not dissappointed. The game was challenging, especially at the end. :)

But can somebody tell me what I have to do in order to get gold bananas? Just a hint to get going, please.
    For example in level 1: I can reach the crate with 3 throws, and the level looks so simple, I can't think of a way that uses fewer throws. How do I get gold bananas?:confused:

9. EnabledGames

EnabledGames Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Glad you enjoyed it! :)

Speed and number of throws contribute towards whether you get a gold, silver or bronze banana for a level. You have to be really fast in level one.

10. Aratax

Aratax New Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Australia
    #10 Aratax, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
    I love the game I personally prefer it to angry birds and have got all but 1 golden bananas, the one on 2-4. Any tips, I'm Ben Cousins on game centre and have the highest score currently with over 106,000, but I'm still only on bronze banana, help?

Edit- The minimum I can do it in is 9 shots

Edit- make that 8, ive got 115,000? What score do need to get gold?!?!?!?!?

EDIT- I figured it out, don't worry

11. kellyfoote

kellyfoote Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Great game waiting for the launch....