Universal Contra: Evolution (by PunchBox Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 21, 2013.

1. brujo5

brujo5 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    playing right now,the game is very good and yes contain english lang.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^Thanks for the videos

Think this looks really good, first level seems just like the original but with updated graphics. Controls seem okay.

Just wish i could buy it in the UK

3. Mullet_Mcgee

Mullet_Mcgee Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Puppy
    Sand Zone
    Meh, the Contra I knew stuck to simple badassery... Running, jumping, shooting, and spread-shot guns; not leveling up, buying "gold", and paying "diamonds" to continue. :(

Guess I'll be sticking to Operation C & Contra 4 for my portable Contra fix.

4. Graphics look much better than I remember them from the past, so guess this isn't just a simple port. So that is cool, hope it plays well.

5. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Looks like it plays pretty decently.

6. KoRoV

KoRoV Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Well just send mail to konami, will contra be out world wide. hope they will answer :/

7. zerosoma

zerosoma Member

May 8, 2012
    my ipad is jailbroken so i was able to get the chinese version to install (i will purchase the american version when its finally released).

I also have the blutrol app so was able to get this working with icade, its pretty fun, i sill prefer the oldschool nes version, but its still cool to see the game updated with nicer graphics etc..

8. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    I'm seriously having nervous shakes waiting for this to come to North America. Anybody (PLEEEEASE!!!!! PLLLLLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEE!!!!!!) have any info when (or if) it's coming?

9. KoRoV

KoRoV Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    #50 KoRoV, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
    Same here :(
    In any case, jailbreak comes out in couple of days so then we will play it xD but ofcorse if it comes out in us app store, its insant buy :)

10. KoRoV

KoRoV Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    I just got answer to my mail from Konami, this is what they said:
    "We do not have any information at this moments, however Please know that regardless of what the content, your feedback regarding the release of Contra for IOS is welcomed and that we try and forward all the feedback received to the development teams who make the decisions regarding content, features, or otherwise."

11. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    So they are saying screw the US we will continue to shovel out crappy games there? Its in English come on hit the damn button konami

12. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Been a couple of weeks now and this isn't doing ME any good here! C'mon, man! Make it happen, Cap'n!!!!

13. smj

smj Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Beat the game in one credit or pay iap diamonds for continues that's pretty lame.

14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I really can't imagine that this is very playable with touchscreen controls, but I would love to be proven wrong.

15. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Any chance to know a worldwide release date?

This is the first time that i'm seeing a Chinese exclusive release from a Major
    company like Konami, is the game developed by a Chinese department?

16. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    This was not released by Konami. It was released by Punchbox Studios, and like I said before, the bulk of their apps are Chinese market only. They have little interest in foreign markets.

17. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Is there a way for someone from another country (I'm Canadian) to get a Chinese App Store account? I would gladly sign up just for this game.

18. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    I'll pass, contra never really caught on with me. Of course using the cheat i've been able to beat it but actually needed more than 50 lives to do so. I don't want to relive that experience.

19. KoRoV

KoRoV Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Its strange at begining, especiali with vstick, but with dpad is better.
    Its all about reflex xD first couple of time couldnt pass 2nd level, now always come to factory level without continues xD