Apple app refund question

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JakConstantine, Oct 11, 2014.

1. JakConstantine

JakConstantine Active Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Male
    So recently I spend money on Castaway Paradise, and long story short, the tech support wasn't that good. It was the starter pack £5:99 which i didn't get due to a crash but the money went through.

Been sending emails first one came straight away. Second was 1 day and 12 hours to wait for. And they only could compensate me now though Paypal. Since I don't trust Paypal at all, I thought I may as well ask apple for refund.

The support guy said.

"We do not recommend players to ask Apple for refunds, because once you have had a refund from Apple, they won't allow you to update the game anymore."

From one of the emails I got. So I'm asking anyone on here, if anyone makes a refund to an IAP for a game, won't apple give you the updates for that game any more? To be honest I never heard of this since this is the only app I have had this problem with.

Lastly don't pay the monthly VIP if you are playing this game. seriously the worst support I have had on in apps.:mad:

2. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    [​IMG]

3. JakConstantine

JakConstantine Active Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Male
    Lol ok...I was just wondering if it effects future updates like the person told me.

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I got a refund for an app, but didn't delete it. I still get the updates

5. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    This would be a refund for an IAP which wouldn't effect updates.
    The guy is telling you that because they don't want you to tell apple the truth.

Give them an ultimatum.

Tell them they have 24 hours to issue a refund to your card, which is the way you payed and the way you should get refunded, or you will have no other recourse but to contact your bank and request a chargeback.

Companies hate chargebacks. That should do the trick.

6. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Yep, I agree. Refunding an IAP doesn't affect updates at all so go ahead. Only if you want to being refunded for a paid app. I did this once and since then the app wasn't listed in my purchase history anymore but as it seems even that gets handled differently for some users.

7. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    If you are refunded for a paid app it will stay on your device with full functionality until it is uninstalled. If it is uninstalled you can not reinstall it without repurchasing it. As far as updates go as long as it is still on your device then I'm almost positive you can still update the app (but clicking update could possibly take you to an iTunes log in prompt to actually purchase the game).

8. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

#8 Anonomation, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
    Odd, I've refunded an app and was still able to download it later. :confused:
    Apple should just add a button to refund apps but for less.

But for more serious problems, such as not working at all, that should be where you call support.

I really don't know what apple does with this.

9. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    There is a button...unless you misuse it.
    When you get your email receipt for an app, you can click report a problem. After you report the problem you can click request refund. They automatically refund your account, unless they think you're misusing this feature, at which point it will no longer be available.