Universal Real Racing 3 by Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthew-13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. We're two of the TA regulars....should we run to the hills or join our fellow kin?

your already on top of the hills, aren't you?

2. racer-007

racer-007 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Never realized this. Can anyone confirm that the showcase car price is 50% off for the week? Then it might be a good idea to get said cars on the cheap. I had already bought this weeks car last week so I can't confirm.

3. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    Ok, I logged out of Gamecentre and the crashes have TOTALLY stopped. Anyone has any idea why was Gamecentre conflicting with the game to cause it to crash whenever I visited most championships?

Oh, and I did all the outstanding endurance races too :) With times from you guys reaching the 40-50km distance, it was getting insane.

4. I am the king! Haha

Don't know, but just noticed a lot of the regs all of a sudden must mean the coast is clear til the 28th I suppose.

Ouch, got hit with my first 2 hour wait timer today. I did a bonehead move, was trying the left right touch controls and I hit a barrier, couldn't figure out how to go in reverse, so kept pounding into the barrier over and over. So did all repairs and servicing.

Ouch 2 hour wait time. Luckily, I just had enough money for another car, so I am ok for now. But if someone got under the old version, an 8 hour wait timer and only have one car, I would have been hella pissed. Thank god I have you all to get advice to get as many cars as possible right away.

I am starting to agree with alot of you. It is best to spend a little money at the very beginning to buy two good cars and not go through the initial frustrations. What an odd way to start a freemium game. The inverted triangle.

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    It has a 50% off and I guess it's while the event lasts. Possibly something like the "NFS Edition" of cars in NFS: MW, they lasted for a week. Gotta get coins soon! :)

Attached Files:

6. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Son of a....
    I bought this at 20% off this morning!

7. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    Interesting. I am pretty sure the 50% off sign for the Dodge on sale last week wasn't there...

8. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    Now that this thread seems to be dying and our interest in the game seems to wane, can we talk about what we can see in future updates?

Firemonkeys mentioned more tracks, cars and events. Anyone wants to speculate what these could be?

Also, can somebody do a comparison between RR2 and RR3 gameplay wise (no IAP discussion please)? Will be nice to see where RR3 is better and where it is worse.

Cheers :)

9. Sometimes I have seen EA games go up to 80% off, you should have waited for the blue light special. ;)

10. Personally I hope they fix the AI for one. Hopefully get rid of the wait timers, or start people off with 3 cheap cars. Maybe get away from the repair oriented aspects a little. It is too complicated for most people.

Of course new things like new tracks, new cars, and real multiplayer action.

Add bluetooth joystick support, and maybe go back to premium.

Guess probably not in the next update...

RR2 is much different than RR3 due to business models. I am pretty sure that the vast majority would like RR2 far better than RR3. Far better.

11. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Le Mans, including racing at night!
    Nurburgring and Monza would be good.
    Championship mode where you race a series and accumulate points, with the most points at the end the winner.

12. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Ooh, and replays, this definitely needs replays.

13. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    i used to play RR2 with my wife offline and even online when i'm at work using Game Center. Is there anyway to do this in RR3?

14. Karl Schmidt

Karl Schmidt Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    + 1

I love to watch replays.

15. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Doubt the chances for the majority of these but id love:
    A real career mode.
    Real multi.
    Weather conditions as well as time that is relative to your real world location.
    Replays with share ability.
    Leaderboards.
    Music in menu but off in race option.
    Qualifying for career.
    Bet cars or money in one on one multi.
    Natalie Portman.

16. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Isn't it next week, the 28th??

17. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Yep thats the offical line so far thats been reported.....

18. FilipAGuy

FilipAGuy Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    I'm going to check local dealer as well. Just to ne sure :)

Attached Files:

19. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Source??
    If true this thread is gonna explode within the next days with mad people :D
    World war 1 all over again!!
    Are you ready mods?? :p

20. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Ha! For sure. It's been a strange journey for this thread. Its a little Bambi.
    The excitement of Bambi discovering the world.
    The horror as the hunter murdered Bambi's mum.
    The rage at the hunters greed and actions.
    The resolve found in friends like Thumper to try to remain positive
    The joy in watching Bambi grow into something great
    And finially tomorrow when the lions will move in and eat Bambi

sigh