Pokemon crystal/gold/silver on a 3rd gen iPod? GBA4ios not working?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by BigOlNoob, Mar 11, 2014.

1. BigOlNoob

BigOlNoob New Member

Mar 11, 2014
    I use an iPod 3rd gen running iOS 6. I've downloaded and have been using GBA4ios 1.6 to play pokemon fire red version. But the main reason i downloaded it was to play pokemon crystal but I would settle for gold or silver. But everytime I download roms for crystal gold or silver it just displays a black screen. I made sure to change the date on my ipod to 2012 and I've tried downloading roms from the same site i downloaded fire red from. Has anyone ever heard of this problem? Even if its on a different app i just want to play crystal on my ipod.

2. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal are all Game Boy Color games. I believe the older version of GBA4iOS only supports Game Boy Advance games. . . The easiest solution would be to look for Pokemon Liquid Crystal.

If you really want to play the originals you need to do a google search for "Goomba Game Boy Color emulator". And then follow these instructions from the *Slider* thread. You basically combine several Game Boy/Game Boy Color ROMs (with a computer application) into one Game Boy Advance ROM.

3. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I thought the only the new one(ios 7) was supported.