Game Dev Story - questions

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by November's Chopin, Apr 8, 2011.

1. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Totally got hooked onto this game, and really surprised at how detailed this game is.
    Does anyone know if all employees will eventually have the same stat points if I train/level them? Example, I have two sound engineers, both the same level, but entirely different stats. One has almost twice the amount of sound points than the other. Should I just keep training the weaker one, or should I fire her and get another sound engineer who starts with more points?
    Also what does "motivate" do? I got this item that increases employee motivation or something. I'm guessing it increases the chance that someone will get a breakthrough or more research points?
    Last question, how can I tell when the office will move? I think my office has been stuck at level 3 (max capacity 8 employees) for like 4-5 years now.

2. November's Chopin

Jul 11, 2010
  3. Spicytouch

Spicytouch Active Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Student
    Canada
    i think 8 employees is the most u can get, and dont fire them just change there job and lvl them up in each career

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    In general, every employee can only be trained a certain number of times. After that, their stats don't go up anymore. It's also better to wait until later to really start training your employees, as most of the early people you can hire have very low energy.

You can only move your office twice-- the first time is around year 4 or 5, then the second is around 9 or 10. You can have 4/6/8 employees for each office.

The motivate item helps an employee when they are assigned to do the proposal/graphics/sound by boosting them. Sometimes an employee can get worn out and only give you like, 5 points when they do that...the motivator fixes that.

5. November's Chopin

Jul 11, 2010
    Thanks.
    That's too bad, I was hoping that it can go above 8 people... 8 seems a bit too low especially since with consoles you'll need multiple hardware engineers, and these hardware engineers are absolutely terrible at anything other than developing consoles. -.-'; (have one hardware engineer with stats like 450, 450, 150, 150, and he completely messed up in contributing to proposal like three times in a row)
    Should I have at least one person of each type (designer, producer, director, coder, sound engineer, coder), and one or two hackers? Right now I have one of each except no designer, and 3 hackers. Hackers have much higher stats than the common jobs but it seems they don't particularly excel at anything.