Firemint Flight Control Update submitted!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Crypton, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crypton

Crypton Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Germany
  2. Sweet! Flight Control is by far one of my favorite games on my iPod, and one I always go to when I'm at a loss for anything to do. Hopefully they start introducing more planes/airports soon.

3. Crypton

Crypton Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Germany
    I don't think so. Firemint said that online Highscores (using cloudcell) and autosave are included in the other thread.

4. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Didn't i hear or read somewhere this should be out today or tomorrow?

5. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Also the cloudcell.com site has been updated to show that.

6. firemint

firemint Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Making games :D
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi all, wow, what a marathon it was getting the update out! Flight Control is the first of our games where I've actually been hands-on involved. Not a bad game to get my first credit on, huh ;)

With us working around the clock to get the update done I didn't have the chance to come and tell you about it before submission. I figured you'd rather I kept working on it ;) We had a few days where we thought we were done and then decided it needed a little more polish... lots of late nights!

I'm putting together a detailed description of the update which I hope to get finished in the next day or so. In the meantime I thought I'd check in here and see if anyone has any specific questions.

We're hoping it will be available soon, but to be honest we have no idea. It's the first app update we've submitted ourselves and we have the Cloudcell connectivity, I'm hoping that won't hold things up.

That's the plan for the next update after this one, we don't have a release date for that yet but we're starting on it straight away. This is going to be one of those situations where we will keep working on it until the new maps are just as much fun (or more!) as the current ones, so it will be very hard to estimate when it will be out.

Yes, we still have a little more work to do there - for example we need to add some Flight Control themed avatars - but the site is live and functioning! The cool thing is that if you've got Fast & Furious and registered for Cloudcell, you'll be using the same profile for Flight Control and you won't need to connect your phone up manually again, it will just connect you up automagically. You can also register on Cloudcell now if you want to reserve a user name, but you won't be able to do much else for now.

Please post your questions here and I'll get to them as soon as possible!

7. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    Love this game and Online Leaderboards will only make it better!
    Can't wait for this update and the next one with more airports.
    This is one of my all-time favorite addictive apps now I think. :D

8. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    #8 Kartel, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
    Where's Real Racing?

Will there be new airport for Flight Control? Online coop? Difficulty levels?

9. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    He's said that the subsequent update after the one he's already submitted will most likely include new airports and planes. I don't know about the other ones.