Universal 100 Rogues (By Fusion Reactions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, May 4, 2010.

1. postmanmanman

postmanmanman Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
  2. Blake.Reynolds

Blake.Reynolds Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

Try and enjoy the game shield-free or wait for patch #1!

3. Fletch11

Fletch11 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2010
    #103 Fletch11, May 5, 2010
    Last edited: May 5, 2010
    That's why I'm waiting on a sale and a few patches.
    Expecailly from a relatively unknown dev.

4. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Another HUGE bug.
    After playing the first challenge and then starting a normal game again,
    the level graphics are mixed with the challenge graphics + the sound is missing.

The thing is, I would LOVE to play it, since I'm coming back again and again, which is speaking for the game. So devs, please hurry.

5. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    It is definitely NOT just the shields...

6. Tikicobra

Tikicobra Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Hey, maybe you guys should add a "back" button on the character select screen. I accidentally selected the easy difficulty and I had to restart the game to choose the normal difficulty.

7. Lions

Lions Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Designer
    DC
    Loving the game. Glad to hear it's just the shields. I was worried that I was jumping at straws with my earlier post about the buckler.

Oh and guys i'm the high score for the crusader at the moment :D . Which i'm sure is just cus the really good players just haven't died yet. lol

8. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    This happened to me too and I had to restart a new game - I was in the wall I thought somehow!

But if you look at that screenshot it illustrates what I was going to comment about. The character actually shows the equipment changes! Or at least the robes! How cool is that? Even some of the more sophisticated RPG's don't do that!

9. Tikicobra

Tikicobra Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Yeah, I picked up a chainmail and it totally changed the color of my tabard and cape. It was epic.

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Amidst all the madness, I'd like to enquire about something that bugs me with a lot of iPhone games... what's with the blurry text? It looks as though the game isn't being displayed at the correct resolution or something, which is a shame because some of these games have so much effort poured into their pixel work and it's a flaw that really stands out.

I'm talking about this (view at max size):
    IMG_0297.PNG

As you can see, the description text is a fine mixture of pixel perfect lettering and blurry crap. Even if it's a flaw in the engine/iPhone/whatever, I wanna know what it is, 'cause it annoys the hell out of me.

Oh, and to the dude that said the animation looked laggy, I agree. It seems as though the animation doesn't get a chance to finish before starting over on the next square, which gives it a strange "skipping" motion.

Neither are huge flaws, but they're noticeable to me and probably other people too. Aside from that (and the shield thing) I'm loving it, front page app for sure.

11. postmanmanman

Feb 14, 2010
    Well, it ain't shield-related. I just crashed AGAIN playing as the fairy on level 1. No shield, naturally.

I'm really sad, because I really love the game. The fact that I keep playing despite these numerous bugs should prove that.

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Well, avoiding the shield fixed the problem for me. But I haven't tried challenge mode yet.

13. Blake.Reynolds

Blake.Reynolds Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Thank you all again for your patience and understanding. Please bear with us while we hash all this out. (especially me, I'm just the artist!)

Alright, the current story is:
    1.Shields are a definite issue

2.spawning into walls happens after a crash during a continue. So for the time being, just reboot your games.

3. The "challenge mode" tiles thing is an unforseen glitch.

As far as I can tell, if you play the main game and avoid shields it SHOULD be ok, but don't quote me because I'm not a coder. I'm just trying to keep everyone as up to date as possible.

Blake

14. Lions

Lions Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Designer
    DC
    Only played as crusader and normal difficulty. The game's been fine since avoiding the shield. Now just trying for a big high score.

15. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Thanks so much for being involved! It is very refreshing to see a development team so active here!

It helps to know that you guys are working out the issues and frankly, I for one, am happy to be playing 100 Rogues in whatever state right now, as opposed to WAITING for 100 Rogues!

16. postmanmanman

Feb 14, 2010
    We really appreciate it! I'm looking forward to seeing this game realize its potential. I think what really worries me is that your team will probably have fixes quite fast, but Apple will take forever to review the update... :rolleyes:

17. Jyankee30

Jyankee30 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    New York
    :,( This game is so beautiful. (tears of joy)

18. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Ah man, I just had my first crash. I didn't know what I picked up was a shield, thought it was a bomb or something.

19. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    Also guys, everyone has their share of bugs, especially on a game's initial launch... but that's what's great about the App store. Free and convenient updates and bugfixes. :) So just hang tight, and I'm sure the devs will update and fix their game in short order. But also... keep playing and giving feedback on this stuff! It helps a lot. :)

20. WesPaugh

WesPaugh Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    The Software Developer, 100 Rogues
    Rochester, NY
    Glad to hear so many of you are enjoying it! Less glad to hear so many of you are crashing :(

An update is going in immediately to fix the shield error, and though the loading-in-walls will be safeguarded against.

Thank you all for your patience!