Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Vita rumored to be getting ZOE HD too. Look at what happened.

2. The PS3 and 360 versions of ZOE HD have major performance issues, so that's probably for the best.

3. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    That wasnt a rumor, but yah.

4. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Starting to get the basics down now with StreetFighter X Tekken so many new things there I couldn't get a grip of it at first, really it's quite different from the older street fighter games, between gems, alpha counters, tag gameplay, cross counters, cross attacks I found it quite bewildering at first.

Starting to like it more now I half know what I'm doing I think it's a pretty good game with tons of stuff to master, online play seems to work well (so well I had to disable challenges to attempt arcade mode), plenty of characters to learn and a lot of nice character customization options.

While I think I'd have preferred a straight Street Fighter game like IV I do feel it's a good buy and I can see it will probably turn into my most played vita title, all in all I think it's a good way for me to catch up in what has changed since the SF2 series.

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Just thought it'd be worth mentioning that the Youtube app has been updated to version 2.00.
    New features include:

- Support for the Channels feature on Youtube
    - Sopport for "Playlist" and "Watch Later"
    - Support for continuous playback
    - Support for displaying captions
    - You can now use buttons to controll the app, if you've got that turned on in the settings
    - You can share videos with Group Messaging
    - stability has been improoved (not that I noticed it ever being unstable)

So now you can look at my lovely youtube page right from your console. *shameless self promotion*

[​IMG]

Seriously though, the new features and look are quite nice.

6. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Looks like there is a new firmware update live, I've just installed it but I don't think it does anything but fix the cloud save also a new update to youtube app.

Had to reset my near data not sure if it's related but it wasn't working until I did.

7. turkgames

turkgames Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Student
    Ankara
    Nothing interesting coming out in 2013 besides Killzone: Mercenary ?

8. Nothing at all.

Especially not Tearaway, Sly Cooper 4, Soul Sacrifice, Dead or Alive 5 Plus, Phantasy Star Online 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable, Gods Eater 2, Dragon's Crown, and Warrior's Lair.

9. Adam666

Adam666 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Speaking of which, does anyone know if there's been any news/trailers since the announcement trailer?

10. Trunks

Trunks Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    USA
    Don't forget possibly Final Fantasy X HD, nobody's looking forward to that game either.

11. Given Square Enix's recent development history, I think it'd be safe to say that FFXHD is definitely not coming next year. Same thing for Irrational Games and BioShock.

12. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Yet you have so much hope for Warriors Lair? :p

I'll add(hopefully in 2013): Ys: Foliage Ocean in Celceta, Malicious Rebirth, Muramasa to the list of games nobody finds of interest.

13. Why not? I have more faith in an internal Sony studio than third-parties with histories of long delays.

14. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Because we haven't heard/seen anything about the game since it got handed over Sony San Diego....

Edit: Actually have they shown anything of this game since it was shown off at E3?

15. Don't think so, but it doesn't look like San Diego Studio is working on anything else at the moment whereas Square Enix is working on Lightning Returns and Versus XIII (lol). I'd still say Warrior's Lair is more likely than FFXHD.

16. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    You forgot Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault on your list.

Also, FFX HD is not likely to be handled by Square-Enix in house with a large development team. The KH 1.5 compilation is being handled by only two programmers.

17. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    I hope it gets sent to a good development team. One would think it wouldn't be that bad to just upscale, etc. but half the HD games have been either done well or really buggy.

18. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Not that bothered what games come out this year although I'd still love to a realistic driving game and a well made FPS no doubt there will be a few titles that tempt me anyway.

Truthfully I've already bought to many I have plenty of games to keep me going I counted 18 and still intend to pick up Persona and WRC.
    (count was including the 3 free AR game's, 1 mini and 1 PSP title though)

On another note I hate to admit it as I used to be good in the arcades but I'm getting owned online on Streetfighter x Tekken pretty badly although occasional lag is playing a part as well.

19. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Just finished (the 20+ endings of) Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. This is now my favorite Vita game. Spectacular story, great characters, (mostly) clever puzzles. Definitely not for everyone, though, as it's much more of an interactive novel than a game, I must have spent three quarters of my total play time (~40 hours) reading dialogues.