Universal Minigore 2: Zombies - (by Mountain Sheep)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Karmington

Karmington Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    chaseblack_23 : I'm afraid that exploit will be fixed in the update. Still good of you to mention it.

Fangbone : iCloud saves, though desirable are still not being implemented, due to lack of resources for dealing with conflicting situations.

2. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Update news?

3. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    QA caught us with our pants around our ankles to be brutally honest. Patience is advised, OzzYs prognosis remains realistic.

4. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Thanks for quick response

5. Cause007

Cause007 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    #1705 Cause007, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
    I've felt a bit selfish not throwing this out onto the forum that Karmington responds to frequently, but since it's now out in the open... that perk/glitch, works with ALL characters and ALL double weapons... whatever the glitch/perk is, it seems rather systematic... basically if you re-pick-up a dual gun, it'll double the ammo from when you dropped it (essentially infinite ammo). I've frequently survived more than a few nights on just two boxes of dual assault guns. It's a fantastic... thing. Too bad that Mountain Sheep already knows about it and intends to fix it:-/

6. chaseblack_23

chaseblack_23 Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Really???

Why not just update that so one character has that perk? That's one thing this game needs more than anything is more individual perks for each character and an explanation of what that character perks actually are so you know what you are spending your money on and show what each upgrade does each time u buy one for each character. I mean honestly this would put the game over the top for me and have me playing it 24/7. Also I bought the 2x money upgrade and I'm not really sure if it works right bc every time I launch the game it makes me input my apple user name and password like I'm re buying it every time????

7. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    If the you are geting only even numbers for kills then it is working
    I have the same problem you have there with launching the game

8. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    #1708 Karmington, Feb 9, 2013
    The repeated password bug is also covered in the update. Nasty one, that.
    I agree that the characters could have used more individualization, but it would entail creating a more complex character upgrade system, and the effects on game balancing would have multiplied. We did consider this, with the parameters readily available being movement speed, rate of fire, accuracy, beast effectiveness and duration, and damage resistance. Creating the upgrade systems for the characters was axed in the name of keeping things simple and keeping our scope tight. I suspect this level of detail will be considered for our next larger scale game.

9. Axnova

Axnova Member

Feb 9, 2013
    So I was stuck with getting no achievements for awhile - thought enraging the baron meant annoying the big cat enemy... Who's name was baron in my mind.... Baron Von Kitten...ok moving on

Rare timber 1 - best level to hunt the blue lumber jacks?
    Kill the maniac - best level to hunt this silly old man?

Also, are there any notable differences with the characters? Like Xmas gore gets things like +Xmas and +presents, gangster gets +gangster.... Wut do these do!!

Cheers :)

10. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    #1710 Karmington, Feb 9, 2013
    +gangster increases your likelihood of having problems with the law. No, to be brutally honest, all the characters get the same 'level-up's. Little increases here and there to endurance, beast duration and so forth. The texts are there to give some illusion of there being more happpening under the hood than there is... Sneaky Lazy Us... Again, I admit it could have been a lot deeper, but would have entailed a fair chunk of work. Balancing being the primary factor, not actually making the system itself.

11. Axnova

Axnova Member

Feb 9, 2013
    Ah ok so it's best to save all that cash for weapon upgrades then lol :)

12. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    There are achievements which force you to open up characters, but basically sticking to your favorite on looks alone is fine.

13. PedroCst

PedroCst Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Portugal
    lol Bike Baron is as tough as John Gore. And it only costs 40x more to upgrade

14. chaseblack_23

chaseblack_23 Member

Jan 27, 2013
    #1714 chaseblack_23, Feb 9, 2013
    Yeah

Yeah that's cool ur considering an even better full fledge game with upgrade systems and all. Hope everything goes well in development but also a tip on balancing character models. You know every game try's to be balanced but there is always one of more things to a game that are used constantly bc how much better they are than the other upgrades. So instead of trying to balance out the game thru characters why not just make it unbalanced in a way that it would take a lot of time and game money or exp to unlock that. For instance in this game u could have made say Gore the last unlockable character and the best with all systems u said like speed, damage, ect all in that character but make it so even when you get him it would take you forever to unlock all his skills and so forth down the character list making each one a skill down on lower progressed characters. I dunno I just think the model you guys have made for a dual stick shooter could be the base of a even bigger and better game. I don't know if that's what ur goal is in future or if it just takes funds to make that game which in case why not expand your business? Take investors on and with the way ur base model games look y'all could take this to an even bigger and better existence as a company. Something to think about which I'm sure u have but in any case I love ur games and I for one would be interested in investing in ur company if that's a choice y'all would make.

Also on a side note what's the amazing thing about the last character Sensei? I've unlocked him to a level 4 but I can't make it far with him at all....

15. Cause007

Cause007 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    #1715 Cause007, Feb 9, 2013
    I don't think you have to work on balancing after adding perks to characters... you already have to pay significantly more for top-tier characters with no differences other than aesthetics and a starting weapon that you won't have when facing the more difficult situations toward the end of the night. If nothing else, it'd be nice if the starting weapon for each character was dropped more often... THEN I'd be motivated to save up for Master Evan. Afterall, MG1 was not balanced if you spent real money on Gangster gore or had the time to get Master Evan (i.e. they had better permanent weapons than the default characters).

16. Axnova

Axnova Member

Feb 9, 2013
    Yea glad I know this before I keep upgrading the gangster lol, 560,000 for like the 4th star or something

17. PedroCst

PedroCst Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Portugal
    Really, constant Dual Wielding M60 drops would rock!

18. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Ok gotta ask. How do u beat metusalem. Level 41. Gore and ninja full upgrade. Weapons are half upgraded. Do u purchase power ups ? I get him down to 5k

19. PyroLord

PyroLord Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    i beats metusalem 6 times, it's easy
    Requirement weapons
    Machine gun level 10
    Shotgun level 10
    Grenade level 5-6
    M60 level 7-10
    Sheep launcher level 3-4
    Requirement power ups
    Speed boost (sometimes)
    Extra health
    How to kill him
    Just use strong weapons on bosses and leave clovers till the big boss (metusalem) appears, and make sure to avoid his potion attack
    Good luck

20. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Is there a listing of the character special stats. I know they aren't much different. What character are u guys using ?