Cool Clash - Hand-drawn Fighting Game this August!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by dragon4lunch, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragon4lunch

dragon4lunch Active Member

#1 dragon4lunch, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    [​IMG]

Hi. Cool Clash is a cartoony fighting game for the iPhone and it has been in the making for a loooong time.

It was designed from the beginning for touch screens and it sets itself apart by the total number of individual frames: Literally thousands of hand-drawn frames of animation!

Making-Of blog: http://coolclash.blogspot.de/

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    [vid]http://youtu.be/5eAzRw0OIok[/vid]

3. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Artwork and animation looks amazing. Well done!!

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
  5. dragon4lunch

#5 dragon4lunch, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    Thanks for the quick response, JBRUU. This is what happens when the artist has to tackle programmy-type stuff like messing with brackets and forward-slashes :p

,edit. : Ha, I got it to work! You meant the stuff after watch?v= Thank you!

6. dragon4lunch

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some more artwork.

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Those animations are AMAZING :eek:

8. dragon4lunch

Thanks guys, glad you like it :)

Here some backgrounds. There are animated ravens in the background, I hope people playing the game will notice. Hehe.

[​IMG]

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I really need to lurk around the upcoming sections more often. Wow...how did I miss this? Saw the front-page write up and my jaw literally dropped. Those animations are SICK!

10. dragon4lunch

Hey metalcasket! It wasn't until you mentioned the "front-page write up" that I found out! Thank you for helping making my day! :)

And yes, Jared, the Mini Map (top right UI seen in the video) can be hidden!

11. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    so when does this one release? and what will price be?
    looks nice

12. dragon4lunch

When we started making this game in 2009, the plan was to have a normal premium version and a lite version (fewer playable characters). And even though the market shifted, we hope it's still a good way to go. So:

Release week will be $4 for the full version, after that $5.

Release date: second half of August, most likely

13. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Can i challenge with friends? It have support GC connection?

14. dragon4lunch

Hey Cynuyt - We've started testing regular multiplayer, but that feature won't make it into the first release. We need to get R 1.0 out already - it's been four years. But if numbers are good, we definitely want to have a well-balanced multiplayer feature as well.

The most important modus right now is called "Survival". You can compete against highscores of your friends or of course try to beat the global highscore.

[​IMG]

You can see which character they used in game (see above image) or in Game Center. A nice feature: You can send "KO"-screenshots after a survival round. It shows the moment you went KO and can be very entertaining. You can save this image to your device, send it via e-mail, post it on facebook or directly tweet it.

[​IMG]

15. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    This looks awesome

In the video when the red/white sphere shaped guy (Cricket I think) did the combo, that looked awesome! Those backgrounds look great too. I'm looking forward to playing this in a few weeks. :)