Universal A Planet of Mine (by Tuesday Quest)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Yes, and it might even be vital so you can get resources your home planet lacks.

2. L5M

L5M Member

Jul 13, 2017
    You can't target it even with laser. It's outside the sight range, so it's gray and you can't do anything with it. You can't tap on it to tap the war icon. You can't negotiate with the AI on it. If it's empty, you can't colonize it either.

This can happen if you can't take the planets in between in time and the AI took them all. So the only thing you can do is destroy the in-between planets and so the farthest planet is out of range.

3. Naalsi

Naalsi Member

Jul 17, 2017
    Hi all! This game looks very interesting, but have they fixed the offline IAP issue yet?

Being able to play this offline is the only thing that's holding me back from buying the whole game.

Cheers!

4. Praymettin

Praymettin Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    #164 Praymettin, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    The developer is nice and responsive even at the face of our endless demands. Sorry if we are hard on your game. When you make a good game, expectations ramp up quickly, as games like this are rare at best on IOS. We have a saying here: "They will stone the tree that bears fruit." ;)

5. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Ive smashed my way to the top of the 300 turn leaderboard with a whopping 135k points. That would have been enough to put me 12th on the unlimited board! I missed out on a further 11k points as I thought the temple wonder wanted 100 computers when it actually wants 100 steel, so I didnt get the tourism bonus. I couldnt get my megapole built in time, so no capital bonus either. The real kick in the nuts was that I was literally one turn away from getting to ascension level 10 when the game 'ended'

6. bsabiston

bsabiston Well-Known Member

I keep getting to a place where I can't really seem to advance -- due to lacking one material or another, usually. In my current game, I would like iron to upgrade my foundry. But none of my mines seem to have it. Is there any way to get iron otherwise?

Thanks!

7. sparkyrite

sparkyrite Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Right,how do I make fuel for the rocket?

8. bsabiston

The rocket just runs on oil, right? You can get that from wells. Place them on swampy land or land next to water I think.

9. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    The short answer is you get petrol out of the well building.

The longer answer is you need to get petrol out of the ground by building a well on a tile that has petrol in it. You can tell how many solid and liquid resources are in a tile by tapping on it, then looking at the description at the bottom. The tile will have a name (savannah, rocky ground etc) and under that will be two symbols, a square with rectangles in it, and a circle. The number next to the circle will show how many liquid resources a well can extract from that tile. In time you'll get a feel for what those resources will be, but for now you should know that underground liquids next to seas and swamps tend to be water, and underground liquids next to or under trees and bushes tend to be petrol.

10. bsabiston

Ah, I didn't know that! Now, do you know how to get iron?

11. sparkyrite

sparkyrite Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Thanks!

12. bsabiston

Which animal tribe do you start with? The Rhinos seem pretty good to me because I end up needing to destroy a lot of wells and mines once they run dry...

13. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Im not sure the best way to get iron. The one game I played with the geology tech suggested iron is in quite a few different tiles but in small quantities. Ive mostly been putting mines on, and next to, the above ground rock outcroppings that say they might hold rare elements.

Ive tried the rhinos a couple of times. First time they starved because they eat a whole heap of food. The next run was much better as they seem to survive well in the lava mines. They also took forever to die off after the end of time, although Im not sure how to work that to my advantage.

I dont have a favourite species yet. The next thing I want to try is to get a species that likes a common tile type as they work much faster there. Something like the foxes as there is plenty of sand on all those dead planets. Quite what Im going to do with all that sand I dont know yet, so maybe there is a better species to pick.

14. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    So far my favorite two have been the moles and the unicorns. The moles go a long way to solving the iron question raised above, since you can just scan the tiles and put mines in the places that will give you what you need. Very convenient for getting a quick start.

For the long game, the unicorns have been quite good. Their bonus to food production is a nice universal benefit that lets you squeeze out more of everything else throughout the entire game.

15. L5M

L5M Member

Jul 13, 2017
    I think the best way to get iron, as well as any rare resources (like uranium), is to trade. When you get your relationship with a faction to the last tier, they'll open up trade for all the rare stuff. You can get them by the hundreds easily that way just trading with wood.

I've never seen any ground tile with more than 10-20 iron in them. Quite tough to find on your own.

16. candyjet

candyjet Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Has anyone seen this happen?

My little planet on a downward spiral, using minus 8 Ascension each turn, with seemingly no way out.
    Saved the game, shut it down, opened and continued the same game. Hey presto, Ascension now plus 9.
    :confused:

17. pipja

pipja Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Integer overflow? lol.

I have a question of my own, how do you produce fertilizer apart from the poo piles the planetary monsters make (since those are limited both in terms of quantity and occurrence)?

18. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Ive also noticed what feels like an ascension drop after returning to a game. Its like the university I built didnt work anymore.

Theres normally loads of fertiliser on the tile the beasts start on. You have to kill them or blow them up to get to it, but its often enough to provide plenty for tnt. I might need a few beasts to provide enough for staged farms too though.

19. dr v

dr v Member

Nov 27, 2014
    been waiting for years for them to fix the restore iap in their picross game....doesnt seem they have any interest and want you to just buy it again when you get a new phone

20. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I mentioned at the start of this thread that I was very disappointed that the game doesnt have screen rotation (not portrait to landscape but simply180'), as currently the game plays with the lightning connection at the bottom and I am unable to charge my big iPad Pro that is mounted in a stand.

Is that going to happen?
    Is it really that hard to implement?