Do you guys own any older devices?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Desertking24, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Do you own any older iPod touches or iPads? If so what one? Do you game on it?

2. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    iPhone 4 is my oldest, and it can't do jack. It has trouble even loading Tin Man games. But I am keeping it around because I'll be damned if I sell it (it was my first). Best Buy will buy it for like $4.

3. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    I have everything since 3GS on the iPhone side and iPad mini and newer.

I keep these devices to test on since the simulator isn't always good enough. So you could say I game on them haha

4. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    I'm still using my 3GS
    Just don't think it's worth to get a new phone.

5. Deadpool6902

Deadpool6902 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I have an iPod 3 and it can run anything which is available for its OS version.(iOS 5) it runs dead space , mutant mudds and even clash of clans without a problem .

6. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    My oldest is tied between an iPod 4 and the original iPad, and I never use either one anymore. The iPad is amazingly heavy compared to my new iPad.

7. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    i have a 4s and a 5 sitting about 5 feet from me, family / friends always end up buying off my old ipads so my air 2 and the wife's air 1 are as old as i go currently for tablets.

8. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    I have an Ipod Touch 5. Was going to get an IpT6, but upon learning it still had the same 4" screen... No. The screen was a requirement for me, even if the rest of the specs received a boost.

I have an Ipad Air that I use to distribute battery usage between the 2 devices since the IpT5 is more than 2 years old at this point. When the IpT5 can't hold a charge, I'll have to decide to give up iOS cold turkey, see if an IpT7 is out with a larger screen, if I can get an Iph6+ ("+" as in beyond, not the "plus" model), or just do gaming on my Ipad Air (of which I need to find out how to transfer game saves from IpT5 running ios7 onto there.

9. WontonsiPodHelp

WontonsiPodHelp Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    The oldest device I have is the iPod Touch 2nd gen. and I guess you can somewhat consider the iPad Mini 1st gen. as a old device as well.