Who is sick and tired of zombie games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by craighauser, Dec 8, 2009.

1. craighauser

craighauser Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    #1 craighauser, Dec 8, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
    They are starting to piss me off. Its like zombies are a fad with the devs. And like uggs and yoga pants on fat girls, zombies too have become an overused and plain stupid craze.

2. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Who is sick about people posting about being sick about zombie games? :p

But yeah, there's a lot of them.

3. craighauser

Nov 18, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    Haha, I havent seen any, my bad. For some reason, I was playing cod zombies today and I actually got pissed off at how overused zombies are. I guess that might be because I got to round 9 (I'm not all that great) and those slow douche bags just waddled over and ate me as I ran out of ammo hah

4. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    sigh how would you live when the world has pet zombies?
    sigh...

5. zI Veo Iz

zI Veo Iz Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Texas
    Nahhh, sooner or later another genius will make another horror and then we can all mooch all that.

6. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I'll tell you who is really tired. The zombies that always get attacked in every game. Really they just want to come over and have you for dinner. But no, apps make it so we kill(if possible:() them.

7. uSICu

uSICu Well-Known Member

May 2, 2009
    Construction
    Oklahoma
    I hate to say it, but I am genuinely surprised no developers have cashed in on the Twilight craze yet. Horrible book, in my opinion, but, with the exception of gaming, Twilight is everywhere. I'd much rather go with a beloved zombie :D

8. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

I'm actually sick of zombies period. It's funny, I'm on the process of putting together an anthology of weird western stories, and the first thing I put in the submission guidelines is No Zombies!

However like anything, they'll run their course to be replaced by the next "big" thing.

9. zI Veo Iz

zI Veo Iz Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Texas
    Well atleast their making varietys of zombies, not just the slow sluggish brainless brain-eating pop out of the graveyards/failed experiment zombies.

10. Aldex Oun

Aldex Oun Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Devs should just turn the tide and make a game where we play as a zombie instead. At least then it will make things a little more interesting.

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    There already is such a game:

12. SirGawaine

SirGawaine Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Malaysia
    That's a very good idea! Hopefully some devs hear this

13. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I'm not tired of zombie games at all. I just got Be Free or Die which is a good start to a game and Zombie Attack! Second Wave which I play almost everyday. Looking forward to more as long as they're good, haven't had enough of the zombie theme yet.

14. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    What is more annoying is not the games with zombies but mediocre games with zombies. Alive4Ever is the most awesome zombie game. If the rest of them were at least half as good we'd not be as sick of them.
    Actually, what are everybody's favourite zombie games?

15. craighauser

Nov 18, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    You know, I'm actually with you on that. Zombies are used to attract people without making a decent game. I think if there were some games like Left for Dead on the ipod touch then I would be singing a very different song. For now, I like COD Zombies (boring at times) and (I know this is contradicting what I just said but it is too ****ing funny to pass up) Attack of the Zombie Babes from Outer Space haha. Sooo addicting.

16. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    zombies

I am sick of zombies... that's why i get all the zombie games! So i can blow their freakin' heads off with shotguns!!! COD Zombies is the stuff. Watch 'em bleed and catch on fire and blow up. Zombies suck. So i shoot them. :D

17. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    The only reason they're being overused is because of game devs that make "cute" zombies, like the ones in Zombies & Me, Zombie CHav Hunt, and Zombieville USA (which turned out to work well though). We need more of the real zombie games, like Resident Evil and COD: Zombies. Its only the "cute" zombies that are being overused, not the real horror ones.

Why would anyone try to make zombies cute anyway... they're supposed to be a horror game thing, not some iPhone fad...

And yes, fat girls with skinny sweat pants have become disturbing.

18. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    COD: Zombies and Resident Evil Degeneration. Alive-4-Ever was great though. As far as console games go, it's between Dead Rising and Resident Evil: Code Verionica X. House of the Dead is up there too, that game is just too much fun.

19. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Actually I'm on a huge zombie kick. I love zombies to death anyway, but man in the last week I've watched:

Dawn of the dead: 1978
    Dawn of the dead: 2004

Land of the dead
    Planet terror
    28 days later

I think all the COD zombies I've played recently got my zombie blood flowing. Personally I prefer "fast" zombies as compared with the shambling "romero" zombies.

20. yrrebeulb19

yrrebeulb19 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    As long as you stick to the good zombie content it's a trend I'm happy with. Also thanks to whoever reminded of the existence of Stubbs the Zombie, just bought it of steam for $10.:)