Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-14-2011, 04:12 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Default DragonVale - FREE Game from Backflip Studios

Youtube link | Pop Up

The developers at Backflip Studios (me included) are excited to announce DragonVale is now available around the world.

If you're looking for friends, check out this thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=105689

Last edited by eleventeen; 09-14-2011 at 04:16 PM..
Old 09-14-2011, 04:40 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

looks kind of interesting... =oD
Old 09-15-2011, 06:04 AM
Banned
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Just played this for am hour or so..
Was pleasantly surprised
It's quite addictive.
Haven't been playing a freemium/ time management game in a while,
Tiny tower frenzy finished a while back now..
Hope this keeps me hooked for a while
I was going to buy quite a bit off snacks, and gems and stuff but I wanted to ask a few questions first to make sure this will be a game I will play for a while

Do you have to be connected to the Internet to play?
It doesn't seem to connect when I turn wifi off, which means I won't be able to check it if I'm away from home.

Will there be updates?

Does having different dragons improve anything? Or do you get the same benefits by having all of the Same dragon?
(my island is almost all lead at the moment, to build up some cash)

Do decorations have any benefits other than prettiness?
Old 09-15-2011, 06:27 AM

This is a fun game no doubt I just started lv 4 at the moment... is there a way to add friends and what not?? I haven't really explored the whole menu yet other than tutorial driven ones :| Anyway this game kinda feels like Trade Nations a lil...
Old 09-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Developer
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Hey all! Justin from Backflip Studios here. Glad you're all enjoying the game thus far! Allow me to answer a few of your questions...

Do you have to be connected to the Internet to play? Yes, the game does require a data connection in order to play, whether it's Wi-Fi, 3G, Edge, etc.

Will there be updates? Absolutely! We're hard at work on content updates including things like new dragons and decorations, and hope to make them available as soon as possible!

Does having different dragons improve anything? Or do you get the same benefits by having all of the Same dragon? Each dragon has its own unique gold collection rate (which increases with its level and can be viewed by tapping on an individual dragon in its habitat) and also draws a different number of visitors to your park. You can build your park however you want!

Do decorations have any benefits other than prettiness? You earn experience points for placing decorations in your park. It also allows you to customize the look of your park and show it off to all your friends on Game Center.

is there a way to add friends and what not?? Any of your friends on Game Center or Facebook who have the game (and have authorized it), will show up under the Friends menu (located in the lower right hand corner of the screen, next to the Market). Note: In order to see your Facebook friends playing the game, you must first authorize the game through Facebook yourself.

We appreciate all of your support and we're very excited about the future of DragonVale. Stay tuned for news and information on future updates!

Last edited by Jables; 09-15-2011 at 03:22 PM..
Old 09-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Banned
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jables View Post
Hey all! Justin from Backflip Studios here. Glad you're all enjoying the game thus far! Allow me to answer a few of your questions...

Do you have to be connected to the Internet to play? Yes, the game does require a data connection in order to play, whether it's Wi-Fi, 3G, Edge, etc.

Will there be updates? Absolutely! We're hard at work on content updates including things like new dragons and decorations, and hope to make them available as soon as possible!

Does having different dragons improve anything? Or do you get the same benefits by having all of the Same dragon? Each dragon has its own unique gold collection rate (which increases with its level and can be viewed by tapping on an individual dragon in its habitat) and also draws a different number of visitors to your park. You can build your park however you want!

Do decorations have any benefits other than prettiness? You earn experience points for placing decorations in your park. It also allows you to customize the look of your park and show it off to all your friends on Game Center.

is there a way to add friends and what not?? Any of your friends on Game Center or Facebook who have the game (and have authorized it), will show up under the Friends menu (located in the lower right hand corner of the screen, next to the Market). Note: In order to see your Facebook friends playing the game, you must first authorize the game through Facebook yourself.

We appreciate all of your support and we're very excited about the future of DragonVale. Stay tuned for news and information on future updates!
Thank you for such a detailed reply
Ive bought 3 lots of gems so far..thinking about buying the 30ish pack to save some money cause I think I'd need a hell of a lot of 50 packs to stay satisfied.
Can't wait for more updates..cant wait to get that rainbow dragon!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:29 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Add me I give gems. Vin nie
Old 04-23-2012, 01:53 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Hi all I am new to this game and thoroughly enjoying it. If anyone needs friends then please feel free to add me. My ID is JT57.

Can anyone tell me how to get the moon and sun dragons without spending real money (ie gems)? I bought the habitat without looking at how to get the dragon, I thought I would be able to breed!

Also how do you breed dragons with 3 or more elements when you can only put 2 dragons into the cave at any one time? Do you breed the crossbreeds? If so how do you know which is correct? Is it trial and error?

Thanks for any enlightenment on these issues.

Last edited by JT57; 04-23-2012 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: Had further questions to ask
Old 04-25-2012, 06:54 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Just started the game yesterday thanks to my friends. Now I am addicted! Just bred my first dragon which is a Lava Dragon, Fire + Earth. Do you guys have any good tips for me to start off? (I don't feel like reading 20 pages)
Old 10-30-2012, 06:19 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

After investing thirty dolllars in Dragonvale, I rarely play this game anymore. I won't go into specifics, but my opinion of Backflip studios isn't good.