Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-26-2011, 04:23 PM
Developer

Default Pocket God Journey to Uranus: Ep 6 - Decapithon

Hey Guys,

Our new update for PGU has just hit. just in time for Halloween.

Once again, this is our biggest update yet, toward the end of building it, I seriously questioned why we didn't just turn this into a stand alone app. I can't even call it a mini game, it's a full on game and I see a lot of apps on that are not nearly as solid as this one.

so you play a pygmy with an axe that gets teleported to the Zombie Dimension (which looks an awful lot like the the zombie island). You have to try and make your way through the level by cutting the heads off all the zombies you come across. Each zombie takes a different number of hits to decapitate but luckily their heads show their damage level. at first you just see a cut on the front of their heads but eventually you start to see their exposed brain and with the sides of their split head hanging down like a banana peel.

There are 4 different types of Zombies,

Pygmy Zombie, who rips off his arm and throws it at you like a boomerang.

Vampire Bat, who attacks you with a sonic scream.

The Moon Witch, who uses acid spit. Keep an eye out for her in the comic.

Big Booga, who alternately spits his teeth at you machine gun style or summons a magic rain of death consisting of skulls and bones.

We also have health power-up grave stones and hidden ghost extra life power-ups.

There are 8 levels and it's pretty tough. I can get through all 8 levels with 3 lives, but a lot of people have trouble getting past level 3. but you just need to practice jumping around the objects the zombies throw at you. It's really fun once you get the hang of maneuvering around quickly.

For this game we built some new tools to help us do these kinds of games easily. We are using it for our next app and evolving it even more. so hopefully this will open the doors for new stuff coming in the future.

oh yea, and I guess we use blood in this update. It won't happen often but we thought it would be ok because it's just zombie blood..

Youtube link | Pop Up

Old 10-26-2011, 04:26 PM

nice!! love the update!!
p.s. whats next???
Old 10-26-2011, 05:06 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 3.x

Default Sweet!

You guys seem to be getting better and better at making these games!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:52 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

The update was fun to test. I hope you guys like it.

Edit: I'm going to say a bit more things in this update that Dave forgot to mention.

- on Earth you can tap the icons that show you where the islands are to go there without dragging a Pygmy to the island.

- on any planet if you keep dragging a Pygmy to the left or the right you will see the islands again and again like going around the world.

Last edited by Rockstar599; 10-26-2011 at 06:25 PM..
Old 10-26-2011, 09:00 PM
iPhone (Original)

Default PG: Journey to Uranus Comic

I'm not sure if this is being explored or not, but what if you made a Journey to Uranus Comic? Like, how the Green Lantern's have multiple running comics (Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors), I think it would be cool if you could do that. Maybe a running comic for each game! Or at least making story arcs about each games in the pocket god series would be nice. Also, can't wait for more of the comic! (as you can tell, I'm a really big comic fan) I hope we see that zombie witch soon in it. I also like how you are incorporating parts of the comic into the app. It makes it all tie in together so much nicer. It just makes me sad that you didn't put Newbie or Sun in the game yet (mostly sun though). And I hope you can add an Octopus to the game, because it's hinted that the island in comic #10 is the one from the game, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an Octopus update (maybe in the new under water area?). Can't wait for the rest of the story arc, and many more to come!

P.S. you didn't give us a hint about the new game! are those only going to be told through the Original Pocket God State of the Islands, or did you forget? don't mean to bug you, just curious.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underthebed View Post
I'm not sure if this is being explored or not, but what if you made a Journey to Uranus Comic? Like, how the Green Lantern's have multiple running comics (Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors), I think it would be cool if you could do that. Maybe a running comic for each game! Or at least making story arcs about each games in the pocket god series would be nice. Also, can't wait for more of the comic! (as you can tell, I'm a really big comic fan) I hope we see that zombie witch soon in it. I also like how you are incorporating parts of the comic into the app. It makes it all tie in together so much nicer. It just makes me sad that you didn't put Newbie or Sun in the game yet (mostly sun though). And I hope you can add an Octopus to the game, because it's hinted that the island in comic #10 is the one from the game, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an Octopus update (maybe in the new under water area?). Can't wait for the rest of the story arc, and many more to come!

P.S. you didn't give us a hint about the new game! are those only going to be told through the Original Pocket God State of the Islands, or did you forget? don't mean to bug you, just curious.
btw, the moon witch will not be quite what you are expecting.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:38 PM
iPad, iOS 4.x

Great update Dave! Anyway, this need to be a whole game, not only a minigame. Maybe you can add more enemies, like mummies, wherewolves, Imps from PG Facebook, add power ups, like stronger axes, invincibility, super jump, and adjust the landscape. It has a huge potential! Speaking about the comic, how is going? I'm exspecially courious about the presence of the Moon Witch from the Decapithon. I wonder if she's a member of the tribe of Sun, transformed or possesed by Newbie. Anyway, keep it up, and answer soon! Again amazing work, guys!
Old 10-27-2011, 01:44 PM
iPad, iOS 4.x

Wait... I foun her! The Moon Witch! She is in page 7 of issue 10 of the comic, when Sun talks about her tribe! She's the first from the left! She has the same hairstyle! Is she, Dave?
Old 06-13-2013, 03:15 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Im really missing the new updates

What happens? Why not coming updates for the game?! The last update was just a bug fix and it was ath 2012 december!!!

I NEED MORE UPDATES!!
Old 06-13-2013, 03:17 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedPotato View Post
What happens? Why not coming updates for the game?! The last update was just a bug fix and it was ath 2012 december!!!

I NEED MORE UPDATES!!
no more updates for PGU, we are working on new games. We have to be careful where we put our time.