★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Oceanhorn - New Zelda-inspired title from developers of Death Rally!

11-07-2011, 06:03 AM
Oceanhorn - New Zelda-inspired title from developers of Death Rally!

UPDATE: Here is first Secret Gameplay video Part 1!

Dear Toucharcade audience, it is my pleasure to announce you first that we Cornfox & Bros. are working on new adventure title called Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas!

First concepts and game design drafts of Oceanhorn was made in the beginning of 2010, right after we established our company. But instead of Oceanhorn, we began the development of Death Rally later that spring together with Mountain Sheep. One and a half years and eight Death Rally updates later - we are ready to go back for an adventure!

You can follow up the development of Oceanhorn from our dedicated blog: oceanhorn.blogspot.com, but most of the content (and more) will be updated to this thread as well.

Here are the contents of the first blog post!

Development of Oceanhorn began from our love towards old console adventure games, where instead of looting dungeons and grinding XP you explored the world and solved puzzles and followed dusty maps to find treasures from the remains of old temples and castles. We want to deliver that experience, where instead of taking care of boring chores you can have an adventure of your lifetime in a highly detailed fantasy land.

Oceanhorn is an ancient sea monster that terrorizes the World of Uncharted Seas. The game puts you in the boots of a nameless hero who, in order to save his sister, must slay this monster for good. In this game, the world is open for exploration by foot or by boat, but beware - the sea monster can attack at any time and ill-prepared travelers will meet their early demise.

Equip your boat with new sails, hulls or even with forgotten technology like Smog Engine to outwit Oceanhorn in battle. Roam the lands and explore ancient ruins to find the legendary Coral Harpoon. Learn the history of the Uncharted Seas. What happened to the civilization whose cities now lay in ruins?

Experience the adventure in 2012! More info coming soon!

Your friendly neighbourhood Cornfox

Last edited by killercow; 10-29-2013 at 06:41 AM.
11-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Wow! It looks great!

I hope it'll run on my 3GS.. :P

Playing:Carcassonne, Letterpress, Trigger Fist, Dungeon Story, Rebuild, Pen and Paper
Game Center/Openfeint/Plus+/Crystal/Agon/Gameloft Live: tonydeli7
Member of the Beta Tester Alliance Games/Apps I Have Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @tonydeli7

11-07-2011, 06:18 AM
Woahhhh!!!

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
11-07-2011, 06:20 AM
Wow. Looks sweet.
11-07-2011, 06:27 AM
Death Rally was awesome and these screens look great! This game is officially on my radar.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
11-07-2011, 07:02 AM
Send a message via MSN to JoshCM
11-07-2011, 07:15 AM
Well the screenshot looks good but def need more info.

GAME CENTER: Adamphetamine
GAMESPY: Adamphetamine or NeonPriest
11-07-2011, 07:23 AM
This looks great I'm a sucker for Zelda like games! I'll have to keep my eye on this!
11-07-2011, 07:28 AM
Omg omg omg

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
11-07-2011, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamphetamine View Post
Well the screenshot looks good but def need more info.
+1 to this, but you've definitely piqued my interest.