Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-17-2011, 04:15 PM

Default Battle Nations from Z2Live is Live

Hey All,

We've just launched Battle Nations on the AppStore. Its Game of the Week on iPad and in New & Noteworthy on the iPhone. You can check out the trailer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqi8g...el_video_title

And the game here:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/battle-nations/id453801888?mt=8

See you on the battle field. Add me: Fazu
Old 11-17-2011, 04:59 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Old 11-17-2011, 05:35 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Ok, how does this work? If its one of those games that introduces anxiety by persisting even when I'm not playing I won't bother. If I can safely switch off and pick up again where I left it later I'm in.

I hate games where your crops go to shite or you get attacked because you were busy in the real world.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:27 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Well, This game seems right up my alley.. so I decided to give it a try.

The first impression I get is that it's rather buggy? I'm on an iPad2 iOS 5.0.1.. During that first "teach you how to control your troops" battle, the game restarted on me when I went to fire my cannon.. =/

Currently i'm at level 3 and stuck .. I have 4 camps and one shelter and seem to be stuck on 19 people in my population. I've built the Stone Quarry and a couple of Resource depots near some resources but nothing seems to happen.. click on the resource depots and they say i need to build more houses not enough population.. so i "sell" some of the resource depots and no money ever goes back to my gold pile (suppose to do that?) and it says i can't build anymore camps until i level up.. but i can't level up because i can't do anything lol
Old 11-17-2011, 08:18 PM

Looks like it would be a try worth will check it out and report back as soon as i can
Old 11-17-2011, 08:47 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemik View Post

The first impression I get is that it's rather buggy? I'm on an iPad2 iOS 5.0.1.. During that first "teach you how to control your troops" battle, the game restarted on me when I went to fire my cannon.. =/

Currently i'm at level 3 and stuck .. I have 4 camps and one shelter and seem to be stuck on 19 people in my population. I've built the Stone Quarry and a couple of Resource depots near some resources but nothing seems to happen.. click on the resource depots and they say i need to build more houses not enough population.. so i "sell" some of the resource depots and no money ever goes back to my gold pile (suppose to do that?) and it says i can't build anymore camps until i level up.. but i can't level up because i can't do anything lol
Hmm...a little disappointing but seeing how it's free, I'm going to give it a try anyway. I couldn't get into Trade Nations but Battle Nations seems right up my alley. Maybe I'm just a little violent sonnuvagun.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:24 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemik View Post

Hi leemik, I'm bbarbanida. I hope I can help with your problem.

Sell your other depots. Leave only one of them. Tap on you depot, reduce your haulers to 1 only. Judging by your level, you don't need more structures (e. g. Barracks, supply depot, etc.) exept camps and shelter. You said your population is 19/19. If you will do what I say, you will have a population of approximately 16/19. By then, wait until your camp/shelter makes money and build a farm. After building a farm, plant cabbage. After doing so, you will be able to level up.

Hope I helped on this matter. Pls add me. bbarbanida
Old 11-29-2011, 01:01 AM

Update:

Got to level 11, still very slow paced waiting for food/resource to pile up. Not a problem as it keeps the game low maintenance.

HOWEVER

PVP needs work seriously. It is extremely expensive to random match anyone, win or lose you will have to pay a ridiculous amount of money + resources to heal your better units. The risk/reward is not worth it at all.

Also can not invade anyone unless it is someone on your friends list? It doesn't make sense to me, once you abuse them, they remove you from friends. Isn't the PVP flag sufficient? If player does not want to PVP he can just turn it off. Need a rival list like Crime City, then you can go into their land and wage war on them.

Such an amazing concept, can be so much more! Have to be careful here as Funzio's Modern Wars is almost out and will be a formidable competitor. Real incentives to PVP please! Experience/gold gain from fighting needs to be drastically increased. It takes me forever to heal after one battle against a competent player, I need to be rewarded.

Last edited by hitmantb; 11-29-2011 at 01:06 AM..
Old 11-17-2011, 08:32 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 11-18-2011, 04:17 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Battle Nations is a very, very good game, assuming you like this style of gameplay...and maybe even if you don't. It's much like a typical resource-management, town-building simulation, only instead of raising bunnies, you get to shoot people in the face! Yes, that's right ladies, it's a city-sim 'for boys'.

Build a barracks, a few pillboxes, and one-metric-ton of mining equipment (...and some cabbages) right up until your base comes under attack. Then you send in your troops to duke it out on a tactical, turn-based battlefield, each unit with differing strengths and weaknesses. Once you annihilate the sniveling enemy soldiers, you return to your camp for some rest and relaxation, only to be assaulted again 5 minutes later by a similar onslaught of pimple-faced, pug-nosed army brats.

It's not just crops and combat, either, as there is a host of very artful characters that move you through the story with unprecedented humor and hijinks. Also expect all the progression, building mechanics, and additive upgrades that you see in games of this ilk. The whole package seems remarkably well thought out, fluid, and fun. This is the closest you'll get to Empires & Allies on iDevice at this point in time.

The developers took everything they learned from Trade Nations, which is already best-of-breed in my opinion, and then added a healthy dose of bloodthirsty, nail-biting, neck-punching warfare, which is precisely what I wanted.

Last edited by djflippy; 11-19-2011 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: sp