Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-03-2012, 04:50 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Legendary Heroes - (by Maya)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 01-03-2012 at 06:06 PM..
Old 01-03-2012, 04:52 PM

Tutorial:

Menu/IAP/Options:

Last edited by Sanuku; 01-03-2012 at 09:01 PM..
Old 01-03-2012, 04:53 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Downloading too!

Edit:

So, initial impressions: This is essentially League of Legends. Not bad. But this is a game you need to sink some time into before you can determine whether it's good long-term. I'll post more later...

Last edited by Echoseven; 01-03-2012 at 06:07 PM..
Old 01-03-2012, 05:04 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I was following this. LoL kinda. Will test.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:53 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Cool! Didn't realize this was coming out so soon, downloading now!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Downloaded
Old 01-03-2012, 06:36 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 4.x

Hello,

I am from the dev team and we will love to hear the feedback from the community.

As a side note, the itwas published in the Entertainment category. We will submit an updated tomorrow and move it to Games category.

We hope you all enjoy it!

Best,
Legendary Heroes Team
Old 01-04-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary_heroes View Post
Hello,

I am from the dev team and we will love to hear the feedback from the community.

As a side note, the itwas published in the Entertainment category. We will submit an updated tomorrow and move it to Games category.

We hope you all enjoy it!

Best,
Legendary Heroes Team
Just my two cents on basic things to help this game flourish.

1: Game center support, since I'm asuming this game will get multiplayer? Game center is just an expected part of multiplayer games.

2: Add multiplayer! Dota is all about multiplayer

3: listen to the community (im quoting you on this post, so so far it looks promising, but keep listening to the community and keep perfecting the game, it got massive potential).

4: Keep it balanced! Continually tweak the balance, ther are so many examples out there of games that where good in the beginning but got unbalanced and abandoned.

5: create a system for relevant and fun iap if that is how you want to support the game.
Don't have iap that give players direct advantages over others in multiplayer.
Make iap that are cosmetical, give a chance to redo options like skill trees etc and options to buy more more heroes, maybe start out with 3 heroes, one melee, one ranged and one Mage, then sell the rest as iap.
That way the iap will feel like a good investment and actually relevant.

Like i said, This game got massive potential, I would be really really happy if it's nurtured into perfection.

As good as all great games have problems at launch, as long as it evolves it will be great.

Thanks.

EDIT: Last one.
Make multiplayer about controlling one hero per player, and then have 2vs2 matches or something similar.

Last edited by vibliribland; 01-04-2012 at 08:38 AM..
Old 01-04-2012, 09:21 AM

I'd like to add my opinion on this as I've played a lot of DOTA and then Heroes Of Newarth over the years.

I was most excited to see this as I believe a reasonable DOTA type game can be done on iOS and this I think shows that it is indeed the case. It is however falling just a tad short.

1. Multiplayer. The devs say they'll add it if the game does well but I think without it, it won't do well. It needs the multiplayer to do well, that's why people play DOTA type games.

2. Multiple Hero Control. I don't want to play multiple heroes at the same time. I'd rather in single player a reasonable AI played the other heroes and I could just concentrate on my own hero. This then gives you time to last hit creeps (Deny in DOTA / HoN as well), get items, gang and so on.

That's really about it. With these changed you'd be on to a winner. I've paid for Heroes of Newarth and I've brought coins in that for early access new heroes, taunts and so on. If you have a good multiplayer that people enjoy then some at least will pay for the IAP to improve their game. It shouldn't unbalance it though vs people who don't pay.

I understand multiplayer in a game which needs at least 6 people will be a pain along with servers, etc. But I really hope you can do this and make this game great. The graphics and presentation are great, your about 90% there but without the extra 10% I don't see this game doing all that well, with the extra 10% it could be one of the biggest multiplayer iOS games around.

So I hope you go ahead and finish what you've started
Old 01-04-2012, 01:28 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
I'd like to add my opinion on this as I've played a lot of DOTA and then Heroes Of Newarth over the years.

I was most excited to see this as I believe a reasonable DOTA type game can be done on iOS and this I think shows that it is indeed the case. It is however falling just a tad short.

1. Multiplayer. The devs say they'll add it if the game does well but I think without it, it won't do well. It needs the multiplayer to do well, that's why people play DOTA type games.

2. Multiple Hero Control. I don't want to play multiple heroes at the same time. I'd rather in single player a reasonable AI played the other heroes and I could just concentrate on my own hero. This then gives you time to last hit creeps (Deny in DOTA / HoN as well), get items, gang and so on.

That's really about it. With these changed you'd be on to a winner. I've paid for Heroes of Newarth and I've brought coins in that for early access new heroes, taunts and so on. If you have a good multiplayer that people enjoy then some at least will pay for the IAP to improve their game. It shouldn't unbalance it though vs people who don't pay.

I understand multiplayer in a game which needs at least 6 people will be a pain along with servers, etc. But I really hope you can do this and make this game great. The graphics and presentation are great, your about 90% there but without the extra 10% I don't see this game doing all that well, with the extra 10% it could be one of the biggest multiplayer iOS games around.

So I hope you go ahead and finish what you've started
QFT. There are MANY of us who have been waiting and waiting for a decent port of LoL. Hell, I've been waiting for 2 years! This game looks and feels absolutely stunning. I think ever since the App store opened up, there have been many developers (mostly indie, but also large companies like Gameloft) that release games that are 90% done. While I understand the whole "testing the water" theory, it still boggles me. This game, like any other is an investment. Investing 90% of the resources and leaving the last 10% may potentially be more costly than completing 100%. The only difference IMHO of why it is still done is because the last 10% is extremely costly and riskier than just testing the water. Regardless, I do believe this game will be great! At least this is better than a PAID game that flopped on promised updates. *they don't have our money yet, until the MP update*