Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-13-2012, 02:08 PM

Default Cytus (by Rayark Inc.) - Musical Rhythm

Quote:
Description:
❖❖Welcome to the Cytus Musical World❖❖

LET’S FEEL MUSIC’N ART, BEAT’N REBOUND!

Check the screenshots and you will see the most AWESOME iOS music game ever!
Just PLAY and ENJOY!

❖FEATURES❖

- 15+ songs and 30+ variations, including many from famous composers around the world

- Beautiful hand-drawn art style (as illustrated in the screenshots)

- Easy, intuitive Active Scan Line system and 3 types of notes

- Different display modes allow player-friendly previewing of notes

- Strong beat and rhythms provide satisfying feedback for taps

- More than 9 difficulty levels for more fun and challenges

- Various music genres: POP, JAZZ, TRANCE, HARDCORE, DRUM 'N BASS and many more

- Game Center Leaderboards integration: Challenge fingers from all over the world!

- Connect to Facebook and show off your Cytus skills

❖HOW TO PLAY?❖

- Follow along the Active Scan Line
- Tap each note as the line passes through
- Time your taps as the line is at the center of the note for a higher score!

❖STORY❖

In the distant future, the only sentient beings in the world are robots.

They are the last remnant of the human spirit.

However, mankind is not dead.

Technology exists that is capable of transferring memories to these robots.

But with limited space, new memories will gradually overwrite the old.

To prevent the emotions in human memories from fading away, the robots resorted to converting the emotions to music, and storing them in a place called Cytus.

The robots use these songs to experience human emotion and dream that souls exists in each of them...

Cytus
──────────────────────────────
Cytus official Site:www.rayark.com/g/cytus
Rayark official Site:www.rayark.com
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad.Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later

Video and song information by metalcasket:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Previews of all the songs in the game: http://www.rayark.com/g/cytus/pv.html

Last edited by November's Chopin; 01-14-2012 at 12:42 PM..
Old 01-13-2012, 02:53 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

A few people on another forum I'm on have tried it and say the music is REALLY catchy, but that the timing is a bit too loose. If the devs support this with new songs and tighten the timing up, I imagine this will really help push the iOS Bemani thing.

I will be buying this as soon as I get home from work today.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:01 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

From a quick play through several songs on Easy, the timing seems okay to me - I'd rather have the hits a little loose. A couple of the note strings seem a bit arbitrary, in that I keep thinking they could have picked a more dramatic part of the music to match with, but it's nothing too annoying.

As a one-time DDR/Bemani nut who's too out of shape to hit the arrows any more I'm pretty impressed. The visuals are a bit bare - not much going on - and the UI is a tad confusing (I would have liked an explanation in the tutorial on how to turn on note clicks or what pop-up mode means, precisely). But the music is mostly excellent so far (not heard everything yet), the UI is responsive and when you get into the zone, tapping and swiping to the beats is quite the rush. No, 15-odd basic songs isn't that much compared to a DDR machine or even a home release, but when they're this good I'm not going to complain about 69 pence, updates or no updates. I'd buy the soundtrack as MP3s if I could.

(Hopefully that's not too enthusiastic for a first post? Been meaning to register since finally picking up an iPod and... well, got to start somewhere, right?)
Old 01-13-2012, 07:11 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Nitpicks:

- The C in cytus needs to be capitalized under the app icon.
- An orientation option needs to be added.

Other than that...holy shit the music is so good. Wow...I'm shocked at how good this stuff is. No more comments from me for now...I need to go and play some more! I'm hoping the dev comes across this thread.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:11 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

OMG..."Entrance" on Hard. O_O
Old 01-14-2012, 04:51 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Yeah, this really deserves some more love. It's not up to Ouendan levels of goodness, but it's close once you start to get the hang of using two fingers to tap, and the soundtrack is absolutely awesome. These guys have to be huge Bemani fans - the songs just match the particular genres Konami's sound guys turn out too well (the Jpop, the chart trance, the Gallic jazz, the off-kilter folky stuff) - and nearly all of the tunes have a fantastic level of polish. A couple of them sound a bit plastic (lo-fi tinny synths) but it's not remotely a deal breaker.

I love rhythm action games, but I'm not very good at them... so I've not moved off Easy just yet, but the patterns on the later songs are still interesting enough at that difficulty they make me want to keep practising (along with the music, obviously). I repeat, the UI could be improved - I don't think it's as intuitive as it ought to be which beats are coming up next, and menus don't feel quite as smooth as they could do. The art is gorgeous, but they're just stills, and the white space on the menus feels more like cost-cutting than aesthetic choices. All the same, these are minor nitpicks - for god's sake, if you're reading this thread and you like rhythm action, it's only a dollar, right? (At least for now.) I'd easily pay the full non-discounted price for this.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:42 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightRooks View Post
From a quick play through several songs on Easy, the timing seems okay to me - I'd rather have the hits a little loose. A couple of the note strings seem a bit arbitrary, in that I keep thinking they could have picked a more dramatic part of the music to match with, but it's nothing too annoying.
I also love rhythm games, but I'm not that good at them. I really like that the hits are a little loose. I appreciate that I can get by on Easy. I'm not getting perfect scores, but it's enjoyable and I keep advancing. Thanks for a great game!!
Old 03-06-2012, 12:47 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Cytus-[Updates News]

Hello everyone,

It's been while since the last time we informed you the update of features of Cytus on iOS (Ver.1.1.0).

What we've been working on off late, is the new patch of update of Cytus on iOS (Ver.1.2.0) as well as Cytus on Android (for both free & paid version). Hopefully, the aforementioned will be released either by the end of Mar. or the beginning of Apr. As for the changes of features, we will leave that for you guys to find out soon.

However though, we do have one important thing that we would like to have you address on; it's in regards of how to promote Cytus better in the States. Whether it should be the types of music, style of artworks, marketing campaigns such as events, concerts & promotions or whatsoever. In short, any kind of the opinions or suggestions from your end is more than welcome!

Thank you all in advance, & we look forward to hearing from you.

With regards,

Cytus Team
Old 03-06-2012, 03:05 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

i haven't seen sites like Appspy or Slide to play give reviews... dunno if TA has reviewd the game either... THAT works.... Try and get these sites and more sites to review?

FAAD(Free app a Day) would be a good idea too... Make it free for 1 day and you might get a lot more downloads

Selling the soundtrack could also help (specially since i'd like to buy it XD)

More songs also helps a bit.

trying to get a big update so you can get into New and Noteworthy also helps
Old 04-11-2012, 01:03 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

As far as the States go, Cytus simply needs more visibility. The application is already excellent. Enhanced difficulty (if only to make the game more competitive) would be a big plus. As always, the inclusion of more tracks is also a big help. A rhythm game's longevity is determined by three factors: quality of tracks, quantity of tracks, and modular difficulty (with perfection nearly unattainable). Of course, the user and/or reviewer are ultimately the most relevant judges of those criteria. In time, Cytus should have 30+ tracks (or the option for). I'm betting many, many people would be willing to pay $1.00 per new track in the future.

As someone from the States, I find this application has an exotic appeal. The artwork is fluid and dreamlike, and the soundscapes are lush and foreign. Tracks like Ververg and Les Parfums de L'amour pull me in, even though I am unable to understand the lyrical context. It's comfortably and peaceably enigmatic.

Social media promotionals/advertizements may be the best means of marketing your product, especially in the States, but, in the end, the overall excellence of the application will speak for itself with each update and improvement.