Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-02-2012, 12:40 PM

Default Lyst Ignition

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

This is Lyst Ignition. It's 50% off Thursday and Friday.

Buy stuff here: iTunes Store
Check out exciting marketing copy, gameplay video, and soundtrack here: Lyst Ignition site

Last edited by Steel Games; 02-02-2012 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: Out of promo codes for now
Old 02-02-2012, 12:43 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

interesting trailer... game also looks interesting...

may i ask for one of the promo codes?
Old 02-02-2012, 02:02 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

This game.... this game just got me into a fight with my girlfriend because I was ignoring her full time...

it's that good.

This is a high score game, meaning all you do is play for high scores.

The point of the game is to combine the different colored orbs in order to explode or hold the grey orbs(matter).

Blue+Blue or Orange+Orange will hold Grey/White matter in place and B+O will explode Grey/White Matter.

Using the various power ups like freeze, strengthen and continuous you need to start thinking about what you want to do...
Do I explode these small groups? Do I hold em up a bit so more matter will cluster up and use that Strengthen power up to create a big explosion and take em all out? Or do i use the Strengthen to hold even more matter in a bigger area so i can use the Slice power up and duplicate all that matter so I can finally use Chain Reaction to blow everything up?

It features 2 modes... Classic and Ignition(which I didn't fully understand). After set number of points are gained, you get Beakers which are used for Experiments(upgrades). After lengthy play time, Experiments will change the way how you play Be it by letting you get Hot Streaks easier or getting more points by the end of you Hot Streak. You could also pick between creating more basic matter after an explosion or creating a vacuum that will hold matter into place after an explosion.

Nice sounds, straightforward and easy to follow tutorials, great gameplay all for 99 cents.

ANYONE looking for a high scoring game that involves using your brain and your skills, not just random power ups... Should definitely check this game out.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:18 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

This has gotta be one of the most interesting "Match 3" type games I've ever played next to Monsters Ate My Condo and honestly, I'd really like to review the game in as much detail as possible. The problem is, I'd be here for a few hours if I tried to do so. Instead let me try to make this as brief as possible.

What you're getting here is a unique look into a genre that has become so crowded over the last few years. I have not played a Match 3 game that is so well thought-out before. Steel Games obviously knew exactly what they were doing behind every power-up and every experiment and just reading through and playing the tutorial can be somewhat overwhelming at first. The thing is, just mere minutes into the game, it all starts making sense and you'll start playing like a pro; mixing matter to create explosions, setting off chain reactions, freezing matter and creating vacuums all over your screen while you frantically try to beat the clock.

Accompanying this gameplay are retina graphics, simple polished menus, and some of the most fitting music I've heard in a game in quite some time. You're not getting a happy-go-lucky game here. What you're getting instead is a dark, brooding, atmospheric experience, set along to what I can best describe as some kind of industrial metal meets goth rock tracks. The game as a whole feels like one mind-numbing chemistry experiment set by a maniacal genius in a damp, dark room. I'm not sure if that's what the developers intended it to feel like, but hey...I'm weird like that.

If you're a Match 3 fan looking for something other than pretty colorful blocks that fart out rainbows and enjoy something a little smart, moody and dark, this is a very easy recommendation.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:28 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Are there achievements?
Old 02-02-2012, 02:34 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

not seeing this in the US store... oO
Old 02-02-2012, 02:40 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
not seeing this in the US store... oO
It took like 5 tries for it to show up so just keep trying.

--------------------------

Achievements?