Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-08-2012, 06:10 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default DoDonPachi Blissful Death - (by CAVE)

Last edited by Echoseven; 02-08-2012 at 11:12 PM..
Old 02-08-2012, 06:14 AM

Holy Shit that one is cheap comparing it to the other Once. Instant Buy in this Case since this might be the last one from CAVE!

Last edited by Sanuku; 02-08-2012 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: HD Gameplay Trailer added (iPad 2).
Old 02-08-2012, 06:19 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

So not even universal this time? Not even the "horribly blurry, clearly non-HD, but we'll call it universal anyway" universal?

And really this just looks... Well geez, how many copies of the same game do we really need, anyway?
Old 02-08-2012, 06:21 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

this looks like an 0.99$ Game.. 4.99$ is a joke right?
Old 02-08-2012, 06:22 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
Wouldnt say that, the other Cave shoot em ups are a similar price, theyre superb, great graphics and gameplay, well worth it. I've got all of the Cave games, very polished, excellent games

Plus sadly this might be Caves last shoot em up as they announced a few months ago they would be creating different iOS games in the near future.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:26 AM

Quote:
You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

If CAVE doesn't mean anything to you, then stick with Angry Birds or Doodle Poop or something.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:32 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnk View Post

If CAVE doesn't mean anything to you, then stick with Angry Birds or Doodle Poop or something.
Sure I know Cave, but this type of game just isn't what I play. And it's about the game, not about the dev. 4.99$ seems like a bit too much (for me), that's all
Old 02-08-2012, 05:37 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnk View Post

Heh-Heh!
+1!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:55 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Your kidding right...

it's cave.... Only best in the biz when it comes to this genre... It's actually cheap compared to their others...

Can someone Plz tell me the diff between this and the last don don pachi on ios ...basically I guess I'm askin for impressions..

Last edited by Trev1; 02-08-2012 at 09:01 AM..
Old 02-08-2012, 09:15 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev1 View Post
Your kidding right...

it's cave.... Only best in the biz when it comes to this genre... It's actually cheap compared to their others...

Can someone Plz tell me the diff between this and the last don don pachi on ios ...basically I guess I'm askin for impressions..
Important thing to remember here is Dodonpachi Daioujou/Blissful Death predates Daifukkatsu/Resurrection by quite a few years, so this is the prequel.

Blissful Death shares a lot more in common with the original Dodonpachi that you might have played in MAME, and is generally considered to be the hardest DDP in the entire series so far.

Whereas Resurrection based the scoring system around bullet cancelling to builld up hyper gauge, then storing your hyper and chaining, Blissful Death is just raw chaining.

There's no bullet cancelling at all - everything must be dodged or bombed out. There is also no leniency with building the hit counter. It doesn't just decrease once the gauge is empty, it completely drops. Every time.

Hypers also work differently. You have a hyper gauge that you fill up on chaining and bee collecting (bees fill the chain gauge more when your hit counter is higher), and every time the hyper gauge fills up, an item drops from the top of the screen that you need to collect.

You can collect up to 5 hypers at one time. However, these don't stack. Once you use the hyper, they ALL get consumed at once, and the hyper count dictates how fast your hit gauge goes up.

You have a choice of two ships - A Type, which is a straight shot, and B Type, which is a wide shot.

You also choose from three 'dolls'. These gauge your power. Shotia increases your shot power, Leinyan increases your laser power, and Exy increases both of them, but only gives you a single bomb instead of three.