Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-06-2012, 11:50 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Cryptic Caverns -Classic Adventure Game by 3D Methods

I'm proud to announce my second adventure title, Cryptic Caverns, for iOS and Android! Cryptic Caverns is a point and click style adventure game where players explore a forgotten island and uncover the lost past of the island.

You are stranded on an island after a terrible shipwreck in which you are the sole survivor. You discover a thriving civilization once lived here and delve deeper to uncover the mystery of their disappearance. During your adventure you will pick up items, encounter characters, and solve puzzles that will bring you one step closer to uncovering the lost past of the island.

It was the caverns that held the key. The caverns were there before the incident that caused the collapse of the city. Since the shipwreck, you’ve heard legends of an ancient civilization that once lived far below the surface. The island has changed since the incident and you intend to find out why.

Features:

* Point and click style gameplay
* In depth story driven adventure
* Memorable and interesting characters
* Fun and engaging puzzles
* Beautifully detailed environments
* Over 30 items to discover and use
* In game hint system
* Auto save position
* Solve the mystery that surrounds the island!

Cryptic Caverns on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cryptic-caverns/id493606993?mt=8

Cryptic Caverns HD on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cryptic-caverns-hd/id525114810?ls=1&mt=8

3D Methods Website: http://3dmethods.com/

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by 3D Methods; 05-11-2012 at 08:39 PM..
Old 03-06-2012, 11:55 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Tell me this has retina and this'll be one of the quickest bucks I've ever spent on the App Store. Wow...looks AMAZING!
Old 03-06-2012, 12:13 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Tell me this has retina and this'll be one of the quickest bucks I've ever spent on the App Store. Wow...looks AMAZING!
It looks cool huh!
Old 03-06-2012, 01:52 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
No retina yet, but in the future I plan to release an HD version for iPhone as well as an iPad optimized version.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:21 AM

Default just starting out

I am just getting going in the game, and made it into the Caverns, where I am stuck. I was hoping to have a few people hanging out in the forums for help. I am at the door to the temple and the hints aren't helping me for some reason. If you have any hints for me to unlock the •••Spoiler:  I alligned the yellow lights in the V pattern shown on the entrane diagram, which is what I thought of before looking at the hints... and??? then what, nothing happens. Am I just supposed to jot down the order of the symbols, or is something supposed to happen?

Nevermind, i found a walkthrough on the web and the author also didn't know how to solve the puzzle but said it was possible by fooling around which I did, and I got through.

Thanks.

Last edited by Photobooth; 04-03-2012 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: got past this part...
Old 04-03-2012, 12:07 PM

Default bug found

I found a bug in the game, on my iPhone 4s. I got to the machine and •••Spoiler:  blew it up with dynomite- revealing the city, but the game froze at this point and when I reset the game it put me back in the room with the machine intact, but my dynomite was gone... its not back in the cart either... So I guess I have to start over. I hope this helps with bug fixing.

Thanks. I am enjoying the game, I may just start over.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:32 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photobooth View Post
I found a bug in the game, on my iPhone 4s. I got to the machine and •••Spoiler:  blew it up with dynomite- revealing the city, but the game froze at this point and when I reset the game it put me back in the room with the machine intact, but my dynomite was gone... its not back in the cart either... So I guess I have to start over. I hope this helps with bug fixing.

Thanks. I am enjoying the game, I may just start over.
Sorry for the late response. Glad to hear you enjoyed the game! I had this bug patched a couple weeks back. There was a certain situation where it was not saving correctly, but all is good now.

As for the temple door puzzle you mentioned: •••Spoiler:  Take note of the symbols and design just above the temple entrance. You first want to line up the symbols from left to right in the correct order using the rotating mechanism. Also note that the design has two large golden chevrons above and below the symbols. Line up the lights so that they form the same shape as the chevrons. You can manipulate whether the lights move up or down using either the circles or the rotating mechanism. Make sure to use the switch to change the colors of the circles so that red is on top and blue is on bottom(like the entrance design). The red circle should be at the top left and the blue circle should be at the bottom right. Once the rotating mechanism is set correctly and the circles are in the correct spots with the correct colors, this will allow you to open the door.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:07 AM
iPhone 3GS

Send a message via Skype™ to swissmiss335

I have made it to the chapel but I can't get the chapel key from the old man. I wonder if I have a bug. How do you retrieve the chapel key from the old man? Help me
Old 01-10-2013, 11:14 AM
iPhone 3GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissmiss335 View Post
I have made it to the chapel but I can't get the chapel key from the old man. I wonder if I have a bug. How do you retrieve the chapel key from the old man? Help me
I am now at the door with the columns. How does the door mechanism work?
Old 01-10-2013, 05:24 PM
iPhone 3GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissmiss335 View Post
Ok I made it through to the wise man and now I am in the room with the columns. I can't get the middle door open. What ami missing?