Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-13-2012, 05:16 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default New Star Soccer - by New Star Games

New Star Soccer is finally out guys.

Youtube link | Pop Up

It runs on my iPod Touch 2G, and it is a free app for now, with a full-game unlock for $0.99/0.79€.

Edit: Thanks to Toad in the Hole for teaching me how to post the link!

Edit 2: Here's a browser version where you can try out the game:

http://www.newstarsoccer.com/nssmobile.php

Cheers, and discuss away

Last edited by pjft; 03-13-2012 at 07:06 AM.. Reason: Adding app info.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:17 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

The free portion of the game plays surprisingly good. Good enough for me to plonk down a buck to try the career mode...I think.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:22 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I've been playing the Android version for a few days now, and I have to say - it's an absurd time-sink. I can't recommend it enough - I'm already 7 or 8 seasons in, and I'm liking it more every day.

I believe that the Arcade mode doesn't do the Career mode justice. Looking forward to your opinions!

[Note: I am _not_ the developer, nor am I affiliated with him. I'm just a fan of NSS for a few years now, and a very enthusiastic mobile-version player now.]

Last edited by pjft; 03-13-2012 at 06:25 AM..
Old 03-13-2012, 06:26 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjft View Post
I've been playing the Android version for a few days now, and I have to say - it's an absurd time-sink. I can't recommend it enough - I'm already 7 or 8 seasons in, and I'm liking it more every day.

I believe that the Arcade mode doesn't do the Career mode justice. Looking forward to your opinions!
Question: is there any other IAP in the game besides the career and weather unlocks? The mention of "energy drinks" has me a little concerned.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:40 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

So, as far as the game plays you buy the energy drinks with in-game currency, i.e. the money you get from your wage, sponsors, or even gambling :P

The drinks are not necessary, and unless something is fundamentally changed - which I wouldn't see why - you wouldn't need to buy IAPs for that. The Android version is a full-price release - $2,99 or something, and there are no IAPs for now.

All the drinks I ever chose to buy I afforded them with my in-game money.

Their use, in all fairness, is to recover your stamina, or to increase a bit your stats or relationships (i.e. you drink an energy supplement, or go have drinks with your friends). But you'll only really require them if you're getting overly tired during the week - i.e. investing too much in training, or in your relationships. If you balance these out (and it's tricky sometimes ), you shouldn't need them much. If you want to speed up things, and grind your way up to maxing your stats in your first two seasons, though, and be an 18-year-old titan, then hey, I imagine there are people willing to buy them in bulk

In all fairness, I haven't ever thought "man, I would need more drinks than the ones I can afford" - I just thought "ok, let me balance this out".

Worst case, if you're tired, the penalty is that the boss leaves you out of the squad, and your relationship with him deteriorates a bit because you're partying too much, and making yourself ineligible to help the team.

Does it make sense?

Edit: The developer posted a link to the browser version of the game in the other thread. You can play it here: http://www.newstarsoccer.com/nssmobile.php

Last edited by pjft; 03-13-2012 at 07:06 AM..
Old 03-13-2012, 07:28 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Ok, note please: there is indeed a vast array of consumable IAP available for the game in the form of "star bux" that is only revealed upon unlocking the career mode. Not happy about this one bit.

The game itself seems good so far, and actually reminds me very much of some old classic Amiga games I used to play way back when. More's the pity.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:42 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Does anyone know if the new update was submitted to Apple? Really excited for it!
Old 07-18-2012, 11:14 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I believe it has been submitted yesterday, so it's just a matter of days until it hits!
Old 07-27-2012, 05:49 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Wow the update out.

And it's great.
I really still can't believe how cool this game is. For someone like me who has zero interest in football, it's quite a miracle that this has stayed on my iPod since day one and it just keeps getting better and better.
The new corners and free kicks are a great addition.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:33 AM

Disappeared from UK app store. I guess this happens when games get updated?