★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Saturday Morning RPG is an episodic role-playing game firmly set in a world inspired by 1980s Saturday morning cartoons.

The game follows the story of Martin Marty Hall, an average high school student who has been gifted a powerful ability to channel magic through everyday objects. With his newfound powers Marty has inadvertently attracted the ire of the worlds most heinous villain the evil Commander Hood. This leads Marty into a series of dangerous plans that he must unravel to save the world (several times!).

Saturday Morning RPG is a Japanese style RPG that allows players to build Martys power up throughout multiple stand alone episodes. Players can carry over stats, inventory, and even story decisions between these episodes (sometimes your actions in one episode will ripple into previous or future episodes!). Saturday Morning RPG is a truly unique and engrossing role-playing game experience that can not be missed!

9 out of 10 (Gold Award): "A heart-felt love letter to Japanese role-playing games and 80s popular culture, Saturday Morning RPG is likely to prove irresistible to anyone over the age of 30." - Damien McFerran, pocketgamer.co.uk

9.5 out of 10: Saturday Morning RPG is one of the most ambitious handheld games Ive played in a long time, and its unbelievably well done. Adam Jones, stashow.net

93 out of 100: Saturday Morning RPG is a refreshing take on the genre. Matt Smith, n00balert.com

This is how JRPGs always should have felt! - Sean Koch, iFanzine.com

I found myself desperately wanting more. Trevor Faulkner, elder-geek.com

Touch Arcade Forums Game of the Week, Kotaku Gaming App of the Day, USA Today's Portable Pick, and several other accolades. Don't think twice about playing this game!

Sanuku's comments:

Message from the Developer about the iAP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyRabbitJosh View Post
Hi - Lead Designer and Programmer from Saturday Morning RPG here! Thanks for all the awesome posts so far!

Future episodes of Saturday Morning RPG are still in full development so we didn't want to include a "Full Purchase" option when we couldn't guarantee a certain amount of content. We don't want to rip you guys off!

Episodes are priced at $1.99 each (USD) and there is some other very unobtrusive IAPs in the game (Cereal Box Tops and Cheat Points). Cereal Box Tops let you buy stats or stickers and cheat points let you cheat in battle. Neither of those are necessary for gameplay and we certainly don't force into buying them (most people probably won't even find the cheat menu!).

As we create more episodes we will be offering diminished pricing to people who buy every episode (for instance if you buy the first five episodes we'll offer you the next few for half price, or something similar).

We're also going to put in updates for people who opt to buy nothing like an endless battle survival mode - and hopefully, an open world mode.

Really, we just want as many people as possible to play and enjoy our game.

Quote:

After this is said - Enjoy watching the first few Minutes of probably the Game of the Week and maybe even the Game of the Month...
04-04-2012, 05:13 AM
Oh man only 12 1/2 hours and I'll be playing this :-)

04-04-2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Oh man only 12 1/2 hours and I'll be playing this :-)
Ive been waiting for this since it was announced, LOL! Roll on midnight!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-04-2012, 05:48 AM
Wait a sec... this is free? O_O

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
04-04-2012, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Wait a sec... this is free? O_O
I just hope it's pay to unlock full game. It'd be damn disappointing if everything was IAP.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-04-2012, 05:58 AM
From what I remember the dev saying in the upcoming you get the first episode free and IAP to unlock the other episodes.
04-04-2012, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
From what I remember the dev saying in the upcoming you get the first episode free and IAP to unlock the other episodes.
Phew!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
04-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Looks great. It'll be a late night tonight lol

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
04-04-2012, 06:43 AM
Also there is an arena mode coming as a free update as well. I like the model of free then new episodes are paid, it translates well to this IP.
04-04-2012, 07:24 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

my freakin god....my most anticipated game all year! and the dev team is extremely cool too!

TESTING!-Most APPSASIA apps ...if your a dev hit me up and ill help.
*Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
MY PAST BETA LIST..