Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-04-2012, 06:55 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Wings of Valor

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Gabrien; 05-07-2012 at 04:56 PM..
Old 05-04-2012, 08:37 PM
iPhone 4

Holy, wait, bought.

Hopefully this will scratch my Super Army War/Glory Days 2 itch.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:48 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Those who fondly remember the game this is based on, need not hesitate in picking this up. It looks to be lovingly re-created, with crisp retina graphics and authentic gameplay. I'm not far into it yet, but it brings back some good memories right from the start.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:58 PM
iPhone 4

THIS.

IS.

IT.

A perfect recreation of Super Army Wars (without the helicopter or special weapons though) back from GBA era.
Basically a 2D arcadey dogfight game with tactical simulation of aerial and ground warfare.

The controls are spot on. No complaints anywhere.

The graphic as Gabrien said is crisp and very clean, but a bit too clean for my liking.

Gameplay wise, it's UNIQUE (well not to me, but it will be for some). It's a 100% replication of SAW with better looking bullet trails. Yup, that's it.

Go check out some youtube vids or reviews on Super Army War/Glory Days 2 for a feel of the game.

-4 stars for lack of originality, +5 stars for nostalgia and for being a perfect clone.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:11 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
THIS.

IS.

IT.

A perfect recreation of Super Army Wars (without the helicopter or special weapons though) back from GBA era.
Basically a 2D arcadey dogfight game with tactical simulation of aerial and ground warfare.

The controls are spot on. No complaints anywhere.

The graphic as Gabrien said is crisp and very clean, but a bit too clean for my liking.

Gameplay wise, it's UNIQUE (well not to me, but it will be for some). It's a 100% replication of SAW with better looking bullet trails. Yup, that's it.

Go check out some youtube vids or reviews on Super Army War/Glory Days 2 for a feel of the game.

-4 stars for lack of originality, +5 stars for nostalgia and for being a perfect clone.
Interesting. In the description it says this is based on a game called Wings of Fury. I couldn't remember what the game I played originally was called, but remembered the gameplay lucidly. I can't recall if it was on the Amiga or the C64, but it definitely wasn't on the GBA.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:16 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Interesting. In the description it says this is based on a game called Wings of Fury. I couldn't remember what the game I played originally was called, but remembered the gameplay lucidly. I can't recall if it was on the Amiga or the C64, but it definitely wasn't on the GBA.
Oh yes that too. Google images results does show this game closely resembling the original one.

This game seriously needs multiple save slots or a customizable gameplay mode.

Anyway, for a more modern comparison:

Youtube link | Pop Up