Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-14-2012, 03:39 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default FIST OF AWESOME - from the developer of Hard Lines

Hello lovely Touch Arcade forum peeps,

You may remember me as the developer of Hard Lines, the smash hit iOS and Android game from last year. It was a bit good, 86 metacritic score, etc. Anyway, now I have a new game, and I think it's a bit special. It's called....

FIST OF AWESOME

FIST OF AWESOME (always displayed IN CAPS) is an iOS title which updates the mechanics of scrolling beat em ups such as Double Dragon, Streets of Rage and Final Fight for a modern audience, along with a healthy dose of humour, retro sensibilities and grandiose ambition.

Note: Grandiose ambition does not just mean kicking deer in the nuts.

It stars Jack Lumber as a forest dwelling tree feller who gets caught up in an needlessly complex interstellar plot to take over Earth by altering history with remote controlled animals. The game takes place over a number of time periods, features completely original 2D art and animation throughout, and is to my knowledge, the only game that boasts a full grown grizzly bear that punches you in the face.

BEHOLD THE UNLEASHED POWER of DISGRUNTLED BEAR

I can't fully express in words how excited I am about this game. It's the game I've been wanting to make for 17 years, but I've only now finally acquired all the skills required to bring the vision to life.

I put up a teaser trailer today officially announcing the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R0SV...feature=g-like

I'm aiming to finish FIST OF AWESOME around Winter time, but it's a bit ambitious so I'm making no promises. Anyhow, I really hope you like it.

Cheers,

Nicoll Hunt

Twitter: @nicollhunt
Old 07-22-2012, 10:55 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Hi everybody, I've released some new super-shiny ANIMATED screenshots from upcoming iOS game FIST OF AWESOME.

They're from the Prehistoric Era section of the game. Hence the dinosaurs and manic-looking cavemen.

If you're a fan of lumberjack-themed beat-em-ups I'm doing everything I can to make this the game for you
Old 07-22-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicollHunt View Post
Hi everybody, I've released some new super-shiny ANIMATED screenshots from upcoming iOS game FIST OF AWESOME.

They're from the Prehistoric Era section of the game. Hence the dinosaurs and manic-looking cavemen.

If you're a fan of lumberjack-themed beat-em-ups I'm doing everything I can to make this the game for you
Looking like a must buy!
Old 07-22-2012, 11:10 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

OMG, this game looks awesome! I'm a huge fan of Hard Lines and I'll be watching this thread for more news related to the game. Do you plan to have a beta?

The graphics, although 8(?) bit like minecraft(?), look amazing and HD.

Sorry if I'm wrong about the 8 bit thing and minecraft not sure if it's 8 bit, 16 bit or something that isn't even a bit :P.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:25 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSky View Post
OMG, this game looks awesome! I'm a huge fan of Hard Lines and I'll be watching this thread for more news related to the game. Do you plan to have a beta?

The graphics, although 8(?) bit like minecraft(?), look amazing and HD.

Sorry if I'm wrong about the 8 bit thing and minecraft not sure if it's 8 bit, 16 bit or something that isn't even a bit :P.
Thanks!

I'll definitely be having a beta. As with most things about FIST OF AWESOME I'm aiming to do something a little bit special. Can't reveal any details just now but hopefully you'll be hearing about it sooner rather than later.

As for the bit-tiness of the graphics, it's hard to say. Probably somewhere between 8 and 16-bit but with more colours. Let's call them 12-bit HD for now
Old 07-22-2012, 11:29 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicollHunt View Post

... As for the bit-tiness of the graphics, it's hard to say. Probably somewhere between 8 and 16-bit but with more colours. Let's call them 12-bit HD for now
Haha 12 bit sounds nice .