Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-31-2012, 01:59 AM

Default Zombie Tsunami - (by Mobigame)[Universal]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 05-31-2012 at 03:17 PM..
Old 05-31-2012, 03:36 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Mobigame, the creators of EDGE... this tempt me the most but now video to be found (only a very old one)

EDIT: Its Mobigame, and I owe them 1 game, so I'm buying

Last edited by TheFrost; 05-31-2012 at 04:02 AM..
Old 05-31-2012, 03:57 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Let's not kid ourselves...this should have been released free. I have a feeling this will probably end up following Jetpack Joyride and Temple Run as paid apps that went free, but more importantly...

I don't care. This is bar none, the most fun endless runner I've played for as long as I can remember. Why? There's so much variation as far as power-ups and backgrounds go. It manages to successfully merge the gameplay found in Canabalt, Jetpack Joyride and Grim Joggers into one flawless package. The graphics are so clay-like, you can just smell them. The missions we've come to expect are here. The backgrounds are so varied and so fun to look at. Manage to fill up a whole...thing...full of brains? You'll get a scratch 'n' win card that reminds you how fun touch screens can be. This is so, so, so much fun.

The downside? Well, of course...the reason it should've been free: IAPs. So far, the game's been pretty damn generous, but like every other game out there now, you've always got that other option. That being said, all the above sort of makes me not care, because it's just so frickin' fun.

So, maybe you should wait till this (perhaps) goes free? Ehhh...I dunno. It's definitely worth a buck.

Exact-Psience, you come to mind immediately. Buy this now dude!

EDIT: Oh yeah, completely forgot...the one problem I have with the gameplay is that you seemingly have to take a leap of faith at the end of every platform when there's a gap between them. The platforms never show up until you're mid-flight. It's by no means game-breaking as the game's somewhat forgiving when you have a lot of zombies, and you always seem to land on a platform either way, but yeah...it would be much, much better if the platforms showed up earlier or something. Kind of reminds me of the first Robot Unicorn Attack release.

Last edited by metalcasket; 05-31-2012 at 04:33 AM..
Old 05-31-2012, 06:57 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Have to agree with just about everything you said. This game steals from everybody yet somehow manages to end up with something all its own. Stupidly, stupidly fun. You know how I feel about the IAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Let's not kid ourselves...this should have been released free. I have a feeling this will probably end up following Jetpack Joyride and Temple Run as paid apps that went free, but more importantly...

I don't care. This is bar none, the most fun endless runner I've played for as long as I can remember. Why? There's so much variation as far as power-ups and backgrounds go. It manages to successfully merge the gameplay found in Canabalt, Jetpack Joyride and Grim Joggers into one flawless package. The graphics are so clay-like, you can just smell them. The missions we've come to expect are here. The backgrounds are so varied and so fun to look at. Manage to fill up a whole...thing...full of brains? You'll get a scratch 'n' win card that reminds you how fun touch screens can be. This is so, so, so much fun.

The downside? Well, of course...the reason it should've been free: IAPs. So far, the game's been pretty damn generous, but like every other game out there now, you've always got that other option. That being said, all the above sort of makes me not care, because it's just so frickin' fun.

So, maybe you should wait till this (perhaps) goes free? Ehhh...I dunno. It's definitely worth a buck.

Exact-Psience, you come to mind immediately. Buy this now dude!

EDIT: Oh yeah, completely forgot...the one problem I have with the gameplay is that you seemingly have to take a leap of faith at the end of every platform when there's a gap between them. The platforms never show up until you're mid-flight. It's by no means game-breaking as the game's somewhat forgiving when you have a lot of zombies, and you always seem to land on a platform either way, but yeah...it would be much, much better if the platforms showed up earlier or something. Kind of reminds me of the first Robot Unicorn Attack release.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:09 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Well I just bought this and played enough to get my first scratch card (which is very cool)
First I'll say this is the most fun I've had with an endless runner in quite a while. But... There's a couple of things stopping it being really great, at first Ithought It was getting hard real quick but after playing a few games I've realised it's the camera view, it's just to close to be able to see anything coming and have time to react. This becomes more of a problem the bigger your zombie pack gets.
Something like grim joggers worked really well because it was zoomed out enough so you could see all your guys but also the enviroment.

Also I'm not sure If it's just me but the icon is pretty nasty.

The game itself though is cool, I love the amount of items and collectables to buy in the shop, I can see that being the thing that would keep me playing for ages to unlock them all.
The powerups are really cool and the zombies all look great.

Hopefully something can be done to fix the camera view as that's the only reason I can see for me not coming back to this. :-(

Last edited by oooooomonkey; 05-31-2012 at 07:11 AM..
Old 05-31-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
There's a couple of things stopping it being really great, at first Ithought It was getting hard real quick but after playing a few games I've realised it's the camera view, it's just to close to be able to see anything coming and have time to react. This becomes more of a problem the bigger your zombie pack gets.
I second that. I would even go so far to say that if you have enough Zombie Followers you might End up with having the Full Screen from Left to Right with them and at that Point you can`t Control those at any Point when to time the Jump or not.

Did anyone yet had more then 20+ Zombie Followers? I really would like to hear some Feedback on that topic since the more I think about the current camera angle the more I believe that it is to close to the Action set.

@Mobigame

Any Feedback on that Topic? Did you Folks could show us some different current camera angle Settings?!

I guess the best would be if the Angle would zoom out/zoom in with the among of Zombie Followers while the current static angle seem to doesn`t do it purpose if you have a huge among of Zombie Followers.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:18 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Have to agree with just about everything you said. This game steals from everybody yet somehow manages to end up with something all its own. Stupidly, stupidly fun. You know how I feel about the IAP.
My stance on IAPs will probably never change (as I'm sure yours won't), but I'm really, really glad that it doesn't affect both my enjoyment and the general enjoyment of this game. Also, the game never even once tried to shove IAPs down my throat. Thank you for that, Mobigame.

I've never been the kind of guy to put hours into an endless runner, but I could very well see myself doing that with this. I don't know what it is, but it's so (stupidly ) fun and I'd honestly recommend it over nearly every single other runner out there right now.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:39 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
My stance on IAPs will probably never change (as I'm sure yours won't), but I'm really, really glad that it doesn't affect both my enjoyment and the general enjoyment of this game. Also, the game never even once tried to shove IAPs down my throat. Thank you for that, Mobigame.

I've never been the kind of guy to put hours into an endless runner, but I could very well see myself doing that with this. I don't know what it is, but it's so (stupidly ) fun and I'd honestly recommend it over nearly every single other runner out there right now.
While I will never "accept" IAP, not even as a necessary evil, I am capable of sorting the lesser evils from the greater, and this game falls very much into the "lesser" category. The key thing though, is that the core gameplay is so fun I'm more than content to just play it for playing's sake. Whatever I unlock is a bonus, not the driving reason for playing. I want to add I was pleasantly reassured when I discovered that upgrades once unlocked were permanent, which adds a sense of progression instead of a sense of someone attempting to slip a hand into your back pocket.

Regarding the camera and having less chance to react to upcoming platforms the bigger your posse gets, I got the sense that this was very much intentional and can't say I mind it. This doesn't strike me as a game intended for prolonged runs.

Last edited by Gabrien; 05-31-2012 at 07:41 AM..
Old 05-31-2012, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Mobigame, the creators of EDGE... this tempt me the most but now video to be found (only a very old one)
Old 05-31-2012, 04:04 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
No offense, but could you please stop with your stupid naming schemes ??
This is a gameplay video/impression not a damn trailer.
Thanks