★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: The Day I Tried... (a zombie simulation game)

06-19-2012, 12:59 PM
#1
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 116
The Day I Tried... (a zombie simulation game)

Hi, this is the developer here with an announcement concerning our upcoming game.

‘The Day I Tried…’ is a fun zombie simulation game for your iOS device that is currently in development. In this image you can see a mob of zombies surrounding the game title. By tapping the screen (thereby making a noise) you can attract their attention.



http://oefun.com
http://www.facebook.com/oeFun
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TDIT-iPad-StartMenu.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	44547  

Last edited by iandunlop_oeFun; 06-19-2012 at 02:03 PM.
06-25-2012, 11:37 AM
#2
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 116
Developer Video: ‘The Day I Tried…’ – Introduction

First of many developer videos detailing the game features.

Let us know what you think in the comments.


Youtube link | Pop Up

06-25-2012, 12:24 PM
#3
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 9
i like the look of the zombies.
06-25-2012, 12:41 PM
#4
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekoDev View Post
i like the look of the zombies.
Thanks.
06-27-2012, 11:48 AM
#5
Is it like an iOS pixel version of DayZ? Please say yes!
06-27-2012, 11:57 AM
#6
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethandude123 View Post
Is it like an iOS pixel version of DayZ? Please say yes!
There are similarities - TDIT zombies seek out human scent, react to noise and fire. You can take cover in buildings and use objects in the world to aid you. I'll be covering all of this in later videos so be sure and let me know what you think. Thanks!
07-25-2012, 11:49 AM
#7
Hey there I really like the style of this game and I would love a zombie survival simulation On my iPad anyways I was wondering if you have any beta testing planned I would love to beta test this game it would be very awesome and an honor Also will this have mechanics like your character getting hungry or thirsty
07-25-2012, 02:45 PM
#8
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf_alpha View Post
Hey there I really like the style of this game and I would love a zombie survival simulation On my iPad anyways I was wondering if you have any beta testing planned I would love to beta test this game it would be very awesome and an honor Also will this have mechanics like your character getting hungry or thirsty
Thanks. There will definitely be a beta testing period. I'm not sure if that will include people outside of my normal testing group but I appreciate the offer. Please private message me with your details / email address, that way if I do expand I can include you. Also, please keep in mind that we're still in development and it might be a while before we are in beta.
07-25-2012, 02:55 PM
#9
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3
I signed up for a Touch Arcade account just so I could tell you this game looks awesome. I am very excited for it. The control scheme is so simple and I bet it will start a new trend for Dual Stick games. A+ Any chance there will be online multiplayer?
If you expand your beta testing outside your company please keep me in mind.
07-25-2012, 04:50 PM
#10
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD4M View Post
I signed up for a Touch Arcade account just so I could tell you this game looks awesome. I am very excited for it. The control scheme is so simple and I bet it will start a new trend for Dual Stick games. A+ Any chance there will be online multiplayer?
If you expand your beta testing outside your company please keep me in mind.
Thanks! Multiplayer is something that is planned for after initial launch. We have some cool ideas for it, but nothing to share right now.